February Exercise Challenge

Options
124»

Replies

• PNWBethany
    PNWBethany Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    4,100 steps

You do such a variety of workouts! And you're SO great about fitting them in!
  • 2nelune
    2nelune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    PNWBethany wrote: »
    4,100 steps

You do such a variety of workouts! And you're SO great about fitting them in!

Thanks. I won’t lie and say it’s easy. There are many days I just don’t want to. There is so much going on that I think I don’t have enough time. I’m honestly just searching Pinterest to find workouts that I think I can do quickly to then not feel guilty about not doing anything.

The problem I find, even though they’re short, is that I have to do them with kids around. This brings the whole mom guilt that I shouldn’t be working out when I really only get to spend 2-3 hours a day with them when they’re awake. I know I also need to take care of me, but I’m just too tired before they wake up or after they go to bed. It’s an ongoing struggle.

• PNWBethany
    Options
    [/quote]

Thanks. I won’t lie and say it’s easy. There are many days I just don’t want to. There is so much going on that I think I don’t have enough time. I’m honestly just searching Pinterest to find workouts that I think I can do quickly to then not feel guilty about not doing anything.

The problem I find, even though they’re short, is that I have to do them with kids around. This brings the whole mom guilt that I shouldn’t be working out when I really only get to spend 2-3 hours a day with them when they’re awake. I know I also need to take care of me, but I’m just too tired before they wake up or after they go to bed. It’s an ongoing struggle.

[/quote]

Guilt is the worst. I can imagine how you'd feel guilty if you do exercise (not spending time with kids) and guilty if you don't (not taking care of yourself, setting a good example, etc...) Sometimes it feels like being a mother is one long Catch 22 regardless of the situation.

Are your kids elementary school age? I bet they need the break and a little down time too after a long school day.

For what it's worth, I think you're doing great and I really admire your ability to fit in activity for yourself even with work, children, and such a busy day-to-day life. It is a big deal. <3
  • 2nelune
    2nelune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    PNWBethany wrote: »

[/quote]

Guilt is the worst. I can imagine how you'd feel guilty if you do exercise (not spending time with kids) and guilty if you don't (not taking care of yourself, setting a good example, etc...) Sometimes it feels like being a mother is one long Catch 22 regardless of the situation.

Are your kids elementary school age? I bet they need the break and a little down time too after a long school day.

For what it's worth, I think you're doing great and I really admire your ability to fit in activity for yourself even with work, children, and such a busy day-to-day life. It is a big deal. <3 [/quote]

Thank you! I so appreciate your words and it has helped for me to remember them these past couple of days.

My boys are 6 and 3. One is in 1st grade and the other attends daycare. They spend so much time at school/daycare that I want to make sure and capitalize on all of the time I get with them.
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    [/quote]
    My boys are 6 and 3. One is in 1st grade and the other attends daycare. They spend so much time at school/daycare that I want to make sure and capitalize on all of the time I get with them. [/quote]

Oh, no wonder! Yes, they're just little babes still. Awww, I definitely see why you'd want to capitalize on what time you have. I was thinking they may have needed a little down time or quiet homework/reading time for 20 minutes - absolutely not the case! ;)