What is normal weight loss?

DawnCumm
DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
I lost a large sum of weight the first three weeks out of surgery, of course on clear/pureed food. Once I started on soft food my loss is super slow, average of half pound per week. Granted it has only been for around three more weeks but I had hoped for more. I am sticking to the guidelines and assumed the large original loss could impact how much I am losing now....but just wondered what others experienced, basically what is norm?

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Well, there really isn't a "normal" weight loss after surgery. So many factors at play here. Age, gender, starting weight, exercise, genetics, etc etc. What you're going through sounds normal though. That is, weight loss will not be linear. And it's not about calories. You will lose A LOT more weight in the coming months. For right now try to focus on following your bariatric team's recommendations and developing good habits. Good eating and exercise habits are what will lead to sustained weight loss.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Ditto what Azted4Life said.
  • Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    gjjn4deb7sxe.png

Double Ditto what @Aztec4Life said.

You didn't gain overnight, it wont fall off overnight either. You got this. Just work the program.