Welcome/INTROS

Options
Laurenmp16
Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
Hey! Welcome everyone. Feel free to introduce yourself here. My name is Lauren, I'm 27. I just got done with a squat challenge that was really time consuming so I wanted to do something this month that could be added to my normal routine...or my lack thereof. Hopefully we can motivate each other through this. I in California so I don't get up until around 9AM PST most days. If you want to start a check in for that day earlier, please feel free.

Also, I'd like to do some mini challenges for fun to add to this. If you have an idea please feel free to add a new topic. For a day or week long mini challenge to coincide with our ab fun!

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• billsnita
    billsnita Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren! Well This is just the thing i need :) over the years I think i have lost all muscle tone or strength in my Abs and this needs to change. Just this week I did a fitness assessment and to my saddest revelation I could not do one proper sit up for the test :( Well I now have a new goal and in three months is my next assessment and i am bound and determined to complete at least 10 or more :) this little challenge should get me well on my way!!
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Tess and I'm joining a day or two late, but better late than never! I've been looking for something quicker to do in the mornings or in the evenings before I go to bed so I think this will work perfectly. Currently looking up what a 'plank' is. I've got a long journey ahead (I'm looking to ultimately lose about 100 lbs more than I have), and really need help on the exercising part. I'm JUST starting to truly get the food part down (eating cleaner, eating healthier, eating smart). I do Zumba once a week (hopefully soon to be twice a week), and get the occasional walk in, but I know I need more.

So.... here we go!
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Thanks for joining! Tess - planks are the picture on the far right on the bottom of the calendar if that's helpful. Be sure you're not hovering forward. If I feel like I'm leaning back a little on my toes, that normally puts me where I should be.
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Andrea 24 CT
  • FindingLihua
    FindingLihua Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    My name is Salamanca, I currently live in Beijing
    I weig 56.2 kilos.. My plan is to weigh 50 kilos, and to get like 6 moderately defined packs
    I hope this challenge changes my abs :D
    Gudluck everyone!
  • Trinabird
    Trinabird Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I'm Katrina and all of my weight seems to go to my mid section. I'm very excited about being here!
  • 1Froggie1
    1Froggie1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Crystal, 36 and need to work on my abs. This should help. I wish everyone luck on this journey.
  • bhannana
    bhannana Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Thanks for the invite. I've been looking for something I can do in my office in the afternoons to fight off that "two o'clock feeling" that's quick and easy. My core has always been weak and constantly needs work so this is great!
  • Mikei_
    Mikei_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I was doing this challenge and I'm glad to find this group! 43/Chicago
  • bathsheba24
    bathsheba24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Carrie. I'm 38 yrs old and live in Arizona. I am less than 5 pounds away from my goal weight and really need to to start toning my ab area. Currently right now I am having some health issues so I have backed off a little from exercise, but hoping I can get back on track and will really try to get this challenge done, but might not be on here too much because I am stresd and preoccupied lol but good luck and thanks Lauren for adding me!
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Chelle and in the UK.

Joining a little late but i actually started the challenge myself on the 1st August, so thought id join here for support in it :-)
  • ladyinpink25
    ladyinpink25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hiiiiiiiiiiii I'm Ashley. This challenge sounds ABs-olutely amazing lol..... Please feel free to add me I like friends and I'm new here so I need a few great motivators and a strong support system to stay encouraged with
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi-Connie, 51, married, 3 children, 2 dogs... need to lose about 15 pounds, but I need to work on strength. I have absolutely no muscle.... and am a beginner to everything except I know what I should be doing on mfp!!!

Thanks!
  • susanb1014
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sue and I just joined today. A late start, but a start. I'm turning 60 this year and am tired of carrying around the weight I've put on in the last 8 years. So am excited to have some exercises to add to my walking.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Crystal, I joined yesterday, but didn't do anything so today is my first day of actually participating. I'm 34 years old, had a baby 4 months ago. I've lost the baby weight, but need to still lose about 15 more pounds that I didn't lose BEFORE I got pregnant. I also need to tighten up my midsection again. I know you can't spot reduce, but figured an ab challenge can't hurt matters!!!!
  • apawliko
    apawliko Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Aericka and live in NY. I just joined this, because I heard good things about it from different people. And I realized to my surprise I weighed more than I realized lol, oops. This group sounds like a great way to get started. :)
  • joied
    joied Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm kinda late joining - I've only just found this challenge. It sounds like fun. The mini challenge idea is good too. Drinking water, at least 8 glasses, hopefully will be a challenge I can do. Good luck everyone!
  • xxshad0wqueenxx
    Options
    Hello a late joiner here but with a cruise in less than 3 weeks and a bit of a flabby belly then this will certainly help! and my name is Holly and I am 20
  • BKCORAZON
    Options
    Hi I'm Star and just joined MFP today and decided to join this group. Good luck to everyone...we can complete this !
  • goalgetter2014
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Becky. I just joined today so I won't be starting till tomorrow. I will be 59 on 8/24. I will be happily married for 29 years on 9/22.