Can you change settings on myfitnesspal for low carb diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    @-moz-document domain("myfitnesspal.com") {
        .energy-remaining-number, .energy-calculation {
            display: none !important;
        }
        .user-info {
            width: 250px !important;
        }
        .user-info class:col-2 {
            width: 120px !important;
            display: inline-block !important;
        }
        td:nth-child(2) {
            display: none
        }
        .user-weight-checkin-container {
            width: 120px !important;
            display: inline-block !important;
            vertical-align: top !important;
            padding-left: 10px !important;
        }
        .summary-info {
            width: 300px !important;
        }
    }

I got it working by adding
        }

to the original script on the github. It might actually be all you need to do. But, I haven't played around with making it simpler.
  • FIT_Goat
    edited February 2018
    Options
    This is a very cut-down, very simple, stylish sheet that seems to work on firefox

First, install Stylish.
    Second, click on the new icon.
    Third, click on the three dots,
    Fourth, select "Create new style"
    Fifth, copy and paste the code below into the style box.
    @-moz-document url-prefix("http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary"), url-prefix("https://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary"){
        }
    }

Sixth, give it a name and click save.

That should be it. Google chrome should be a similar process (according to what I have read)... except you really only need the 3 lines starting with td:nth-child(2) {... and it will ask what site it applies for when it is set up.

Here is what it looks like for me.
    xsjy7kgk86p5.png
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    That doesn't look any different than the standard screen. Looks like mine so far as macros/micros. Carbs and fiber both show up if you choose them in settings even without installing the script.

Examples I've seen elsewhere with a script installed have a colum titled "Net Carbs".

It is really unnecessary. Just select both carbs and fiber in settings and mentally subtract. <Shrug.>
  • skinnyjingbb
    skinnyjingbb Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think it is good to tell people who starting Keto to track calorie intake not just carb. It is very easy to eat more calorie than you think with fat. Not everyone has a 2000+ calorie goal, for a short female like me tracking overall intake is important. Also, people became fat because they no longer know when to stop eating, even though cutting out carb reduce your appetite naturally, some people still over eat due to other reason like stress. I had seen people saying Keto don't work and they even gained weight because they did not track. I much prefer people all starting Keto tracking very carefully and they can stop tracking once they are more knowledge about their food and their body.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    That doesn't look any different than the standard screen. Looks like mine so far as macros/micros. Carbs and fiber both show up if you choose them in settings even without installing the script.

Examples I've seen elsewhere with a script installed have a colum titled "Net Carbs".

It is really unnecessary. Just select both carbs and fiber in settings and mentally subtract. <Shrug.>

It has nothing to do with carb or fiber. No calories shown.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I think it is good to tell people who starting Keto to track calorie intake not just carb. It is very easy to eat more calorie than you think with fat. Not everyone has a 2000+ calorie goal, for a short female like me tracking overall intake is important. Also, people became fat because they no longer know when to stop eating, even though cutting out carb reduce your appetite naturally, some people still over eat due to other reason like stress. I had seen people saying Keto don't work and they even gained weight because they did not track. I much prefer people all starting Keto tracking very carefully and they can stop tracking once they are more knowledge about their food and their body.

I take the other route, as I have posted many times in the past, and I strongly urge people to not calorie count/restrict during the keto adaptation phase. They could always add counting later, but it is harder to go from counting to not counting than the other way. Once you have it in your head that you need to count, it is a hard beast to get out.

I have heard all the arguments against this one. Many years ago, we even did an ad libitum challenge to address the many different concerns people had (age, gender, size, etc.) and most people were successful with it.

All that said, if you think calorie counting is necessary or is important to you, keep doing it. It doesn't hurt any one else. We all get to pick out own path.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    kpk54 wrote: »

It has nothing to do with carb or fiber. No calories shown.

Ah, Gotcha! Thanks. Guess that means that while I talk calories, I must watch macros more. Or at least know that in the end, one equals the other if calculated out. Didn't even notice calories weren't there. :)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    LOL, that link is too confusing.... I just ignored the calories and watched the carb g and protein g when I logged/'counted'.
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @nvmomketo nice links and videos. I've seen a couple other people doing self-experimentation like that with high calorie and low carb with similar results.