Great daily eats..

eveadams721
eveadams721 Posts: 28 Member
edited February 2018 in Social Groups
Does anyone find they eat the same thing day in and day out? Does it work?

Replies

• dtelsah
    dtelsah Posts: 584 Member
    Yes. It seems to be just easier sticking with what I know, but it certainly gets boring quick. Working so far.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited March 2018
    I was making a catalog and discovered that I eat the same 75 foods ... and while I don't eat the same thing every day, the foods I do eat tend to be similar in structure.

PS ... and it seems to be working in that my total calorie intake has been in the losing fat range.
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    Yes, but after about six months or so, I need to always make tweaks. Right now, my mainstays are a smoothie for breakfast (handful of fresh baby spinach, scoop of chocolate protein powder and 2TB coconut flour); cheese tray snack with an ounce of brie, small handful of almonds and eight giant olives; sandwich for lunch with low carb tortilla, ham and more brie; afternoon snack of quest cookie dough bar. Dinners vary the most because we cook one meal for the family.
  • pitponies
    pitponies Posts: 8 Member
    I eat oats so simple and a banana every other day for breakfast, it is also a sweet treat I have after dinner if I have enough calories left.
    The other day I have mixed fresh fruit and low fat greek style yogurt. I nearly always have low fat hummus and carrot sticks for lunch. for dinner I either have a VERY large salad, I mean like almost a washing up bowl full!, In that I add, varios things. My favourite being a medium whole avacado diced into lemon juice with crushed garlic and chilli, plus fresh cooked tiger prawns all mixed in with salad. I can then portionalise this into a smaller bowl that I can keep going back to from say 15.30 to 19.30.
    I have always liked large meals and need to feel full so volume is important for me.
    Om other days I cook up a load of vege, Brocolli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, asparagus, carrotts, served in a pile with loads of black pepper, accompanying a salmon steak.

Finally, one of my favourite easy meals and very satisying is courgetti with pasta putanesca sauce.
    I tin anchovy in oil, 1 x garlic, chili flakes to taste, 12 olives quartered, 1 tablespoon of capers. Cook garlic and chili in oil drained from Anchovy, add 2 tins chopped tomatoes, chopped up anchovy, olives and capers, and simmer till reduced. This serves two. I have 1 0z parmesan very finely grated and it is delish :)
  • ulookfabulous135
    ulookfabulous135 Posts: 12 Member
    This chili recipe makes four servings of roughy 600 calories each (2430 total.) I use 1100 calories of beef for this recipe so feel free to substitute the meat for a different protein. I love this recipe at dinner, because if feel FULL. If you have a slow cooker, you can set it on low before you leave for work. On stove top, you must occasionally stir.

1.5 pounds fresh diced tomatoes chopped large (will cook down; don't skimp.)
    1 med-lg onion chopped small
    2 med-lg green peppers chopped small
    1 packed teaspoon brown sugar (no extra.)
    1 six ounce can of tomato paste
    Quarter cup of chili powder
    3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce.
    A splash of lemon juice (for reasons unknown.)
    Half a bunch (or more) of fresh chopped cilantro to whatever your taste.
    2 Fifteen ounce cans kidney beans

Just put all the above ingredients as layers in the pot: tomatoes and onions on the bottom. Simmer on low, stirring occasionally until the ingredients create the desired consistency. Then turn it up until it bubbles nicely - in order to cook the meat.

29 ounces, ALL fat trimmed, lean beef: cubed. The meat will cook almost instantly in the now bubbling soup, and will continue to cook so be prepared to serve hot right away.

It makes four servings of roughly 600 calories and it keeps me full all night. (No small accomplishment.). Add salt to your taste. Your friends can add more raw onions, shredded cheese, and crackers or hot corn bread to their taste. (You stay away from the cheese and carbs.). Enjoy.

I would love to trade low-carb recipes in this format if anyone is interested. (I am a newly here, so I don't know, yet, other methods of reaching out to people.