Feb 5 Weekly Challenge: Fruits and Veggies Extravaganza

Options

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I added a cutie to my first meal ( I am doing IF 16:8 and have 2 meals a day). At my second meal I added 5 more cherry tomatoes. For my snack I added a banana to my ice cream. I was very satisfied with yesterday's menu that I plan on having the exact same thing today.
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    MmamabearR wrote: »
    I need to grab a V8 or something. The best I did today was putting some fresh tomatoes on my thin crust beef pizza and a handful of grapes. :/

Hi @fatbambi2017 I noticed you're also in the UAC group. Awesome!

Hi MmamabearR! These awesome challenges are certainly keeping us on our toes!
  • fatbambi2017
    Options
    Another good day for me, loving all the variety and colours, look so pretty! Today have had tomato juice, cucumber, celery, sultanas, tomato, Clementine, dates, dried fig, apple instead of my choccies treat, it did last longer! Red cabbage, Brussels sprouts, carrots, hope you're all having a good day too!
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I need to grab a V8 or something. The best I did today was putting some fresh tomatoes on my thin crust beef pizza and a handful of grapes. :/

Hi @fatbambi2017 I noticed you're also in the UAC group. Awesome!

I love those commercials with the head slap "shoulda had a v8" lol ohh marketing .

I had a bowl of cherries last night and it helped me from raiding the fridge late!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Today I had three servings of green grapes, a serving of raw spinach, and a serving of garden salad. I'm so proud of myself. Early tomorrow morning I'm running to the store to pick up a bunch of fruit.
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I forgot to buy the V8, but I did have some baby carrots. I may not be getting my full servings of fruits and vegetables, but that's actually an improvement overall.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Started my day with an omelet with red cabbage and Swiss chard. For lunch I will have some chicken with riced cauliflower and sweet potato. Dinner will be more spiralized zucchini left over from yesterday and pork chop.

Well done everyone!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I forgot to buy the V8, but I did have some baby carrots. I may not be getting my full servings of fruits and vegetables, but that's actually an improvement overall.

5 to 9 servings is a great goal to shoot for, but you’re right...just getting more than you did before is terrific progress!
  • themedalist
    Options
    Today I had three servings of green grapes, a serving of raw spinach, and a serving of garden salad. I'm so proud of myself. Early tomorrow morning I'm running to the store to pick up a bunch of fruit.

This is awesome! We are proud of you too!
  • themedalist
    Options
    Another good day for me, loving all the variety and colours, look so pretty! Today have had tomato juice, cucumber, celery, sultanas, tomato, Clementine, dates, dried fig, apple instead of my choccies treat, it did last longer! Red cabbage, Brussels sprouts, carrots, hope you're all having a good day too!

Wow! You are all over this challenge. Way to get it done!
  • themedalist
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I added a cutie to my first meal ( I am doing IF 16:8 and have 2 meals a day). At my second meal I added 5 more cherry tomatoes. For my snack I added a banana to my ice cream. I was very satisfied with yesterday's menu that I plan on having the exact same thing today.

When I like my foods for one day I often have the same thing the next day too.
  • themedalist
    Options
    I’ve been getting my daily 5 freggies in, but just barely. I’m kind of low on fresh veggies at the moment, but I have plenty of frozen veggies and I’m making a stir fry tonight. I’ve been eating fresh fruits, although I discovered that I bought mandarins instead of clementines and they are not nearly as sweet. But I’ve got plenty of Fuji apples, my favorite apple!
  • themedalist
    Options
    Started my day with an omelet with red cabbage and Swiss chard. For lunch I will have some chicken with riced cauliflower and sweet potato. Dinner will be more spiralized zucchini left over from yesterday and pork chop.

Well done everyone!

Your freggies for today sound great, @prgirl39mfp!
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I infuse my water wth strawberries, lemons and cucumber does that count? I also have a smoothie for breakfast every morning with fruit and a handful of spinach/kale or both!
  • fatbambi2017
    Options
    I’ve been getting my daily 5 freggies in, but just barely. I’m kind of low on fresh veggies at the moment, but I have plenty of frozen veggies and I’m making a stir fry tonight. I’ve been eating fresh fruits, although I discovered that I bought mandarins instead of clementines and they are not nearly as sweet. But I’ve got plenty of Fuji apples, my favorite apple!

I know what you mean about Mandarins, so disappointing! We have lidl supermarket here in UK, prices seem to be so much cheaper than others!
  • fatbambi2017
    Options
    Another good day for me, tomato juice, sultanas, tomatoes, cucumber, celery, banana, apple instead of choccies bar becoming a habit thank you! Onion, dried fig, and green pepper, everyone is really committing to this, brill
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Oooh...tomato soup sounds so good! You all are killing it this week
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options

Well done everyone!

Your freggies for today sound great, @prgirl39mfp!

Thank you my friend!