Was anyone else "scared" to start keto?

Options
lariel16
lariel16 Posts: 20 Member
I've been losing weight for about 2 months now, but I've very recently (within the past week) started lowering my carbs to fit a more ketogenic diet. For some reason, I feel anxious about this and I was wondering if anyone else felt this way when they started.

I don't really know how else to describe it and I don't know why I feel this way. Maybe it's the fear of getting enough fat/protein? Or maybe I won't go into ketosis at all. I know I'm probably overthinking all of this but if you knew me, you'd know that's normal lol. Does anyone else know this feeling?

Replies

• twoisplenty
    twoisplenty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I had no idea where to begin. Lots of internet searches... playing around with my meals etc and here I am dropping weight like it’s hot and finally feeling more at ease. I still struggle with the fat intake. I bought MCT oil which if you can stomach it makes things quite easy but for the life of me my digestive system says hell no. So I’m back to bullet coffees but am looking for another fat source.

I bought a Keto cookbook as well as a Fat bomb guide and I bought ketone urine sticks just to make sure I am staying in ketosis. I test every 2-3 days now.

It’s perfectly normal to feel unsure but you will figure it out!
  • Jharrell79
    Jharrell79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been turning to a keto group on Facebook as well as several keto subreddits on reddit for support and resources.
  • alisonens
    alisonens Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 6lbs before Xmas in a month..then I put it all back on! Getting back on the band-wagon has been hard, I go in and out of keto because my discipline isn't as good this time round so I get keto flu/tiredness quite a lot. Stick with it and count everything and it will work!