Completed My First 24 hr Fast!

Options
itsmethao
itsmethao Posts: 39 Member
Thank the Holy Spirit! I’m celebrating the fact that I conquered my first 24 hr fast, with no hunger pangs! That is a huge feat for me since I had an unhealthy weakness for food all of my life and never thought I’d be able to miss even one meal without starving.

I’m currently 3.5 weeks into IF, this is the second time around. The first time I was inspired by Jimmy Akins’ weight loss and was interested in his practice of IF. I did it gradually last year for 8 weeks before the holidays, but couldn’t manage to survive past 18 hrs back then. I did lose about 6 lbs at that time, but enjoyed myself too much during the holidays and gained it back with an additional pound.

Now I’m down 5 lbs and looking forward to my 4th weigh-in this Sunday. On top of that, I feel much healthier since I’ve kicked my tummy distension, my sweet tooth cravings and my unusual onsets of abdominal pain that lead me to believe were beginning signs of IBS. No more mindless eating while planning for the next bad meal. I’m so much more alert and quicker/lighter on my toes too. This is only the beginning too!

Thanks for letting me share. Good luck everyone on your journey to a healthier lifestyle!

Replies

• Kirstenmonicaflood
    Options
    Well done!! I do 24 hour fasts twice a week and sometimes they can be hard but not unbearable. I did a 3 day water fast a few weeks back, and I definitely would do it again. I'm glad you're seeing and feeling the benefits, keep up the good work.
  • kalincombs
    kalincombs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just completed my first 24-hour fast a couple days ago as well. I was shocked by how easy it was and how amazing I felt afterward--I had the best workout of my life that night!