Hand paddles

Options
lorrpb
lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
edited February 2018 in Social Groups
I recently started using hand paddles for part of my swim. I really like them, but haven't figured out how to do an open turn with them because I can't grab the wall. I don't do flip turns and not interested in starting at this time. Thanks!

Replies

• beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I use them and just tap the wall with one of them and turn. Sorry not too helpful but is very hard to describe! Lol
  • Lisa_ASD_Mummy
    Lisa_ASD_Mummy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use them and I have a similar issue with turning, it does get easier though the more that you do it. I can tumble turn but hate doing it unless I absolutely have to so tap turn and just hope for the best
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Time. You'll find that how you tap off the wall will be different in different pools too. Sends each YMCA in my area used a different design for the pool.
    I don't flip either. With the hand pads I have to change depending on the pool.
    Low lip pools are easier.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    One more point. In my early ignorance I went with the biggest hand pads I could find. But i ended up putting them away because they hurt my shoulder. I bought a set of Speedo medium size instead. They are great.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few sizes. I can definitely use the small ones much longer than the larger ones.