I caught myself

Options
Philtex
Philtex Posts: 912 Member
I caught myself saying ‘I only lost one pound’. Me, who has admonished people on the boards for using ‘only’ and ‘lost’ in the same sentence, was guilty of it. I had set a goal for myself of losing 5 pounds in three weeks for a race I wanted to run. That is another thing I caution people against – setting strict time goals for weight loss. Guess I need to listen to my own advice.

Replies

• podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Patience grasshopper.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Do unto yourself as you do to others.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,476 Member
    Options
    Great catch!
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Off to the woodshed for you!

(But at least you caught yourself! We're never too old or too experienced to learn, eh?)
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    All the above. Thanks.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    “ONLY” and WL are a bad combo!

I could say “I have ONLY four more pounds to lose to get to my GW.”

It takes the same amount of work, dedication and focus to lose 4, 10, 20 or 100 Pounds! (IMHO)

BTW that is yet another lesson learned here on GoaD when I was a Newbie with 150# to lose and I commented about someone who had to lose ONLY 20#.

I got creamed for that remark!
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    It takes the same amount of work, dedication and focus to lose 4, 10, 20 or 100 Pounds! (IMHO)

BTW that is yet another lesson learned here on GoaD when I was a Newbie with 150# to lose and I commented about someone who had to lose ONLY 20#.

I've found that it sometimes takes MORE of those things to lose LESS weight. It took me *almost* as long to lose my last 10 pounds (9 months) as it did to lose the first 45 (13 months). This gave me a whole new appreciation for people who needed to "only" lose 10 or 20 pounds.

I have to remind myself of this every day.