Feeling full?

Options
Daisyboohoo
Daisyboohoo Posts: 84 Member
Not sure what to name this topic, but I need help/advice...

My post-op diet from my dietician states I must drink/eat 50ml every hour from 7am to 8pm at night. I am just not experiencing feeling satisfied (full) at all. This morning I felt like something more substantial and I ate some soft plain noodles, but I still did not feel satisfied.

I am so scared that is something that is "lost" after the op? Will I ever feel satisfied again or will eating be a 'ritual' to feed the body. (Not sure if you understand what I am trying to say)....

Please share your post op food experiences - especially the month or two after the op.

I am desperate....

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    In my experience, carbohydrates don't fill me up. I focus on protein and healthy fats to feel satiated. Never thought to count what I eat or drink every hour, just made sure I got my full 64 ounces of water or liquids in each day and that I worked up to at least 60 grams of protein. There are times now that I feel like a bottomless pit, but they are infrequent. I do know that the higher the protein content, the longer I stay full.
  • Daisyboohoo
    Options
    In my experience, carbohydrates don't fill me up. I focus on protein and healthy fats to feel satiated. Never thought to count what I eat or drink every hour, just made sure I got my full 64 ounces of water or liquids in each day and that I worked up to at least 60 grams of protein. There are times now that I feel like a bottomless pit, but they are infrequent. I do know that the higher the protein content, the longer I stay full.

Yes, you are right... Proteins are better

I've mostly only had soups and Herbal Life shakes...
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    For most of us, we became obese because we were used to eating in excess. We ate until we were about to pop. After weight loss surgery, we need to learn our own body's signals that let us know we are satiated. We have to learn to stop when we have had a proper portion and just be content or we will gain it all back. It's a new mind-set.
  • Daisyboohoo
    Options
    For most of us, we became obese because we were used to eating in excess. We ate until we were about to pop. After weight loss surgery, we need to learn our own body's signals that let us know we are satiated. We have to learn to stop when we have had a proper portion and just be content or we will gain it all back. It's a new mind-set.

Thanks for that....

What is the body's signals? How does it feel? I don't mean to be difficult - would just really like to understand....
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Im 4 months out and dont feel full at all