Protein Shake Recipes!

Options
Elyseinchi
Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
Hi Gang! Just curious... who has good protein shake recipes?! I know there are some very good websites with different shakes... but what are your favorite? I am a year out. Down 74. That said, I have been at a plateau... fluctuating higher because I have been a little more lax with my eating so I wanted to go back to the basics. Thanks!!

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I would make pumpkin spice shakes by adding canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice to a shake made with vanilla protein powder, or I would add PB2 and frozen berries with vanilla protein powder to make a PB&J shake. I would use protein powder to make "pancakes" too.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I use Isopure Unflavored Protein powder which I use in a lot of things, protein shakes, pancakes, mashed potatoes/sweet potatoes, etc. I have a hard time with flavored protein as I quickly develop an aversion to the flavors that I try and like at first. So I opted for the unflavored and have been using it for about a year now.

Here are two of my favorite smoothies. Keep in mind that I usually make these last a few hours so while it may seem like there's quite of big of sugar from fruits, I'm drinking this throughout the morning for breakfast and my morning snack.

Green Power Pina Colada
    1 cup fresh pineapple (can used can if it's in 100% juice)
    1 banana
    1 cup coconut milk
    1 cup fresh baby spinach
    1 8.4 can sugar-free red bull (optional - this is the "Power" part)
    1-2 cups crushed ice (add less or more until you get the consistency you prefer)

*** I've tested this on people (husband, daughter, softball team, etc) who absolutely can't stand spinach and they still love it! *****

Pulp Power Fusion
    1/4 Strawberry Nectar
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 banana
    1/2 cup -1 cup orange sherbet (if you can find sugar-free, use it.)
    1 8.4 can sugar-free red bull (optional - this is the "Power" part)
    1-2 cups crushed ice (add less or more until you get the consistency you prefer)

I like to get creative with protein shakes... look into adding sugar-free jello or pudding mixes. These last FOREVER because you only need to generally use about a teaspoon, but they add some serious flavor!
  • ppmintpatty
    ppmintpatty Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Not a day goes by that I don't have my morning premier protein chocolate shake and 2 shots of espresso over ice. That's my favorite breakfast and only 160 calories and 30 grams of protein. I sometimes get the espresso shots at Starbucks, but usually just use Cafe Bustelo instant espresso that I buy at Walmart or Publix because it is cheap and tastes almost as good. 2 heaping teaspoons mixed with about 1/4 cup of boiling water before combining with the shake.
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hey there! I have a few favorite protein shakes that I enjoy. The Mocha Frappe is my morning go-to shake.

Mocha Frappe
    2 rounded tsp - Folgers Instant Decafe Coffee Crystals
    1 scoop - Body Fortress Chocolate Whey Isolate Protein
    1 tsp - Stevia In the Raw Extract
    1 Tbsp - Hershey's Cocoa
    8 oz - Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk

Orange/Vanilla Protein Shake
    1 scoop - Body Fortress Vanilla
    8 oz - Tropicana Trop 50 Orange Juice
    1 tso - Stevia In the Raw
    1 Tbsp - Chia Seed (optional)
    Splash - Vanilla extract (optional)

Cheesecake Protein Shake
    1/2 scoop - Body Fortress Vanilla protein powder
    1/2 cup - Lowfat Cottage Cheese
    1 Tbsp - Cheesecake flavored Sugar Free Pudding Mix
    4 oz - Unsweet Vanilla Almond Milk
    1 tsp - Stevia (optional)

Good luck getting back on track. I'm right there with you. Gotta get tracking again, and being more diligent.
  • rll22
    rll22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to try some of these they sound good! I've only been drinking the premier protein shakes so far!
  • clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Great recipes everyone I SEE THE SURGEON in 2 weeks. So I’m ready to start on my 2 week liquid diet, Shortly!!!
  • biddynz
    biddynz Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My daily “forever breakfast” - I LOVE it and no protein aftertaste:

30g vanilla protein powder (I like one not too sweet)
    1 shot espresso
    Slurp of trim milk
    7 ice cubes
    Blender or NutriBullet, makes a fantastic slushy! 150 calories, 27g protein...
  • Elyseinchi
    Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting these! I totally forgot about premier protein and espresso shots! That used to be a favorite! I am for sure going to try some of these tasty treats! Thanks!!!
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It is HOT in California, anyone have recommendations on making protein ice pops or ice cream? I have some molds coming and hope to just mix them up and freeze but thought I could learn from the pros......