What do you all look forward to that isn’t food?

Options
I’m struggling. When I wake I think of breakfast, then lunch then what I have when get in from work the. Supper... as you can see I like food.

I don’t really have anything else and wonder what you all do to obtain that buzz that food gives that isn’t food if that makes sense (?)

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    For me, being brave enough to attempt a drastic dietary change, even when I didn't believe it possible, combined with safe forms of caffeine, and amino acid therapy, all in the same window, it helped...

I still get that "low" feeling, then crave the feeling of energy/buzz, etc. I'm working on improving my sleep again, and listening to lots of loud angry music on headphones...but it's a constant struggle.

For me, I had to convince myself that "chasing the buzz" was just another form of addiction. It was the only thing that really helped me get past it at all... It hurts, to put myself in that place, but it helped to put me in the place of actually seeking out professional help, too...

Good luck.

P.S. I love food too, and dreaming of all the creamy decadent lovely crunchy sweet and salty foods makes my mouth water even now...but food is fuel. I'm the one who started using it to fill in the missing parts of my life... (hugs)
  • Cherry_2000
    Cherry_2000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in such a hole. I'm depressed, I avoid people, and I get super stressed when it comes to running into people who haven't seen me in awhile because of my weight gain. However, I still hope. I dream. I think of things that I'll be able to do when I lose 100 pounds. Things like riding a bike, horseback riding, going canoeing, going out dancing without being mocked. Living my life instead if it living me.
  • wibblewobblejellyontheplate
    Options
    Maybe we can start doing these before getting to the ideal weight?