off the wagon...and BACK ON!

Options
dbhDeb
dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
MFP friends....oh the things I do when I don't plan ahead. I fell into a brownie today, only one. my my my ... I wish I could not go in the office kitchen. How do you all avoid the temptations, whatever yours is? I love cookies & brownies and am USUALLY doing low carb. Last 2 weeks I was ill and sort of fell out a bit. I am better but now am craving sweets. My daughter is getting married in October and I desperately want to lose 30 pounds. My cholesterol is high at dr. visit 2 weeks ago and I also am having new auto-immune issues which are helped by low-sugar/low-carb. This should all be motivation for me and then I sabotage myself.

I know what I need to do...stop cold turkey. Thanks for letting me vent.

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Venting is good.

I find the first two weeks are hardest getting back to low cravings.. strict cold turkey helps at that time. After that it's easier to just say no for each moment as it arises..not forever...just no for now. There will always be brownies.
    The key to it for me has always been my level of wanting to be successful. I had a Dr. mention to me one time that weightloss had to be the number one, mega, all consuming priority in order for me to be successful. I found that was true when I lost all my weight.
    I also found maintenance harder because that driving force was lessened after I reached my goal...and that is what I struggle with now.
    It's daily focus and strong intent that help me have successful days.
    Good luck, pal.
  • dbhDeb
    Options
    Thank you Elize for the hug and advice! How much have you lost?
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Get into the kitchen and make yourself some homemade low carb treats...brownies, cookies.... whatever it is you are craving. The simplest way to kill a craving is to feed it. Just do it wisely. Feed you craving my giving your sweet tooth "healthy" treats that taste deliciously sinful yet won't derail your LCHF progress. Win-win not to mention no brainer. Just my two cents worth exactly what you paid for it! ;) lol
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Get into the kitchen and make yourself some homemade low carb treats...brownies, cookies.... whatever it is you are craving. The simplest way to kill a craving is to feed it. Just do it wisely. Feed you craving my giving your sweet tooth "healthy" treats that taste deliciously sinful yet won't derail your LCHF progress. Win-win not to mention no brainer. Just my two cents worth exactly what you paid for it! ;) lol

I agree wholeheartedly! This has helped me tremendously this time around. I have a low carb blueberry mug muffin recipe that is awesome and a cinnamon coffee cake that is to die for. All super low carb! Good luck!!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »

I agree wholeheartedly! This has helped me tremendously this time around. I have a low carb blueberry mug muffin recipe that is awesome and a cinnamon coffee cake that is to die for. All super low carb! Good luck!!!

:open_mouth: Share!
  • dbhDeb
    Options

what is it???
  • mlcase61
    mlcase61 Posts: 46 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I keep a supply of low carb protein bars
  • mlcase61
    Options
    Quest makes blueberry muffin
  • mlcase61
    Options
    Darn WiFi acting up
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    mlcase61 wrote: »
    Darn WiFi acting up

It does that. :confounded:
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    ZDeb16 wrote: »

what is it???

It's recipes from Suzanne Ryan's cookbook: Simply Keto. Muffins you make in a cup in a microwave with almond flour, butter, eggs, etc. I love them!! Takes a total of 5 minutes from start to finish!