Working out while fasted?

Options
kalincombs
kalincombs Posts: 23 Member
I'm going on my third week of 16/8 IF, and feeling great! Two days ago, I attempted my first full 24-hour fast (though I actually ended up going for 33 hours!)

Though I knew fasted workouts were safe and incredibly effective, I assumed it would at least be a bit more difficult to perform to my fullest extent after not eating all day long. However, I had the greatest workout of my life that night! During cardio, I was able to go much harder and longer than ever before and felt absolutely incredible afterward. I burned more calories than I ever had in one gym session!

I was wondering, what differences do you guys find when you exercise during an extended (24+ hour) fast?

Also--and I'm sure many of you guys have already heard of him--but if you haven't checked out Fledge Fitness on Youtube, he has amazing and very informative IF videos! Check him out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZP1pu-K5ln7GQfv4oQQ00Q

Replies

• lady_of_steele
    lady_of_steele Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you :smile: I second your question @kalincombs ! Been wondering what other members' pros/cons of workouts during the fasting times.