Great news! Not keto related at first..

Options
I was laid off late August of last year. I was working for a bank and it was bought out totally out of the blue. My position didn't exist within the new bank and I had to spend several months helping keep the transition smooth all while knowing I had no future there as well as an end date. That was really hard on me. Eating right was furthest from my mind. I had a really promising and GREAT job lined up, or so I thought. They went with someone else and I was devastated. The last several months have been stressful but I've been successful in keto since January 2nd. Last week I interviewed at a very well known and large hospital. It has been difficult waiting because I felt really good about it. This morning I was offered a job! I only told a couple people since it's in the very early stages and I haven't started yet, so I needed to share somewhere because I feel like I'll explode! This is a huge blessing! The hospital is three and a half blocks away so I foresee a lot of walking in my future. And having a career at a hospital will really help me stay focused on getting healthy and reaching my goals. It just goes to show patience, faith, and perseverance pays off! Thanks for sharing the exciting news with me!

Replies

• mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...awesome news!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Yay! It is true when one door closes, another door opens. All the best to you in your new position. Being able to walk to work is awesome. I have a light weight, inexpensive backpack that has carried a bunch of stuff over the years. If you wear shoes for work other than "walking shoes" just carry them in your back pack and change when you get to work. :)
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Well done indeed, you must feel sooo relieved and it's such a boost your confidence too, happy walking and working!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - GO YOU!!!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That has to be a burden off...
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news. So happy for you! Enjoy writing this new chapter in your book of life
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :)