Lazy Keto

cgcrutch
cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
I'm not referring to lax carb counting... I'd like some ideas about WHAT can I eat when I'm too lazy to even scramble eggs???

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Cottage cheese or plain Greek yogurt and a spoon are my go to foods. My carbs are around 50 so either fits easily and both are high protein. That said, I usually have some left over meat of some sort in the refrigerator. Ever try scrambled eggs in the microwave? Just scramble a couple in a bowl and put it in the micro for a couple minutes. Don't even have to stir them.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited February 2018
    If I'm too lazy to cook I eat pepperoni, cheese and pickles. Sometimes I might just mix some tuna & mayo together.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,621 Member
    I am good for leftovers in the morning for breakfast. Canned chunk chicken is my goto lunch these days, but there is no reason it would not work for breakfast too.
  • jaime8955
    jaime8955 Posts: 3 Member
    Ham slice, cream cheese and pickle in the middle. Slice up like pinwheels.
    Bacon , cream cheese, slice of dill pickle on top.

I always cook extra bacon to leave some in the fridge, for when I need something fast.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Veggies and cheese dip are one of my favourites. Pepperoni and cheese too.

I also love nuts but it is too easy for me to go overboard so I need to be careful.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    When you aren't feeling lazy make sure you have food prepared that you can just mircowave to heat up, you can keep it in the freezer in portions to use. Or just have stuff that is Keto in the fridge, I'm a fan of the Keto Almond buns then you can make a sandwich with meats cheese and salad. Or I dn't bother with the bun and like others make a couple of roll ups with a thin slice of cheese, ham, mayo and salad with cucumber on the side. This is actually my usual lunch!
  • 2t9nty
    jaime8955 wrote: »
    Ham slice, cream cheese and pickle in the middle. Slice up like pinwheels.
    Bacon , cream cheese, slice of dill pickle on top.

I always cook extra bacon to leave some in the fridge, for when I need something fast.

Extra bacon seems to disappear quickly around here. It might be hard to keep it long in the fridge.
  • __Roxy__
    2t9nty wrote: »
    jaime8955 wrote: »

Extra bacon seems to disappear quickly around here. It might be hard to keep it long in the fridge.

Agreed! There is no such thing as "Extra Bacon" around my house!! Bahaha...

(Mmm... bacon...)
  • cgcrutch
    Any ideas about meals that can stay out for 4-5 hours?
  • cgcrutch
    I really have to meal prep... I didn't this week
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    cgcrutch wrote: »

not out no, unless you have a chiller bag or small ice packs to keep with them if they are meats or a thermos? My son has a small insulated bag he uses with a couple of small ice packs and then he can take stuff he has prepared when he is working. Otherwise leaving meats out of a fridge would be dodgy, might be a quick weight loss but not a pleasant one!!
  • 2t9nty
    cgcrutch wrote: »

not out no, unless you have a chiller bag or small ice packs to keep with them if they are meats or a thermos? My son has a small insulated bag he uses with a couple of small ice packs and then he can take stuff he has prepared when he is working. Otherwise leaving meats out of a fridge would be dodgy, might be a quick weight loss but not a pleasant one!!

There is always beef jerky.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    cheese can sit out without going bad, it just gets a bit greasy...ditto for pepperoni or beef stick or jerky...boiled eggs (though that does require some prep time)...nuts...I wouldn't worry about any kind of cooked meat if it's only 4-5 hours out of refrigeration, but that's just me, not sure how you feel about that...avocado...cream cheese...those individual budding lunch meats - I'm pretty sure they could survived a nuclear bombing they are so over preserved...
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    I've never been one to worry about cooked meat sitting out for a few hours either. Same is true for eggs and stuff with mayo. I'm one of those old people who just shakes my head wondering how I ever survived without all the newfangled stuff. That in part may be how I easily adapted to the concept that it shouldn't be necessary to have to eat every couple of hours. . :)
  • __Roxy__
    I almost never put my lunch in the fridge... it sits in my bag from 8 am to 12:30pm, regardless of what it is... never had a problem! (Knock on wood)
    Now food being left out overnight is another story... especially meat, cream etc... :(
  • Jacqgh777
    Jacqgh777 Posts: 150 Member
    I boil a bunch of eggs. My breakfast is that with a couple slices of bacon.