Equal

Options
meowmisu
meowmisu Posts: 44 Member
So equal is my sweetener of choice- love it in my coffee. I had cut it out and replaced it with Stevia when I started out on MFP a month ago, because I was looking for somewhat of a more natural alternative. I definitely do not enjoy the taste of it as much as I do equal, but was kind of getting used to it. Last week, I ran out of stevia and returned to the equal because that was what I had in the cabinet- and this was the first week I did not lose any weight. I did some googling and have read that equal (aspartame) can stall weight loss while doing low carb. Has anyone else experienced this with equal? Coincidence?

Replies

• Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hum I use splenda in my coffee but I drink some diet sodas that have the aspartame in them!

I would hope it wouldnt but then again I am not doing really low carbs like some plans!!
  • meowmisu
    Options
    I'm not doing all that low carb either, maybe some days I am pretty low but generally get a fair share from veggies and a bit of fruit. Yeah, I think I'm going to eliminate it again regardless- back to the stevia and see how it goes.
  • Anony1023
    Anony1023 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Equal is ASPARTAME... which is poison. Please get off the Equal again asap. I stopped it and thought my boyfriend messed with my scale bc I released 5 lbs in almost a week. ***SWEETPOISON.COM***
  • meowmisu
    Options
    Holy moly, 5 lbs!!! Yeah, I cut it out again this week... no diet cokes or equal in my coffee. Hoping that kickstarts my weight loss again!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    wow! this is crazy stuff!!! So is splenda ok does anyone know?
  • meowmisu
    Options
    I hear splenda is better while doing low carb, I am back to the stevia myself. I'm not loving the taste of it but it is growing on me. I've actually upped my carbs the last few days by eating steel cut oats for breakfast, and though I have not had an official weigh in day yet (thursday is my day) I am actually down over a pound from Thursday, and I thought the carbs would stall me! Guess I will keep off the equal!! On a side note, vitamin water has these new zero calorie sparkling drinks- made with splenda- and I've been drinking one a day and loving them.
  • bigred01
    bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use splenda. I use the walmart brand of Mio to add to my water. It uses sucralose(splenda). I love it.