My EM2LW Grocery List - Look Ok?

Options
sassiebritches
sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
I am not sure if you all remember my grocery store breakdown last month or not, well I am preparing to go shopping again soon and this time I a going prepared. I wanted to put my list down on here to see if anyone has something to add or has thoughts on my choices. I know that there is no OFF LIMIT foods, but I have been enjoying eating healthy for me and just wondering what you all would or would not eat. I am really wanting to keep my Macros in order and none of the food here has me feeling deprived at all.....and hey I plan on eating spur of the moment too. So here goes. Thoughts welcome.

Almond Milk (love in my protein shakes)
Builder Bars (protein bars- LOVE! and great for those I NEED CHOCOLATE days too)
Protein Powder
Sweet Potatoe Fries
Sweet Potatoes
Lean Ground Beef
Tuna (canned in water)
Pork Loin Chops
Chicken Breast (I buy the bag of tenders - easier to thaw and prep)
Steak
Multigrain Bread
Oatmeal
Quinoa
Brown Rice
Black Beans (southwest salsa!!!)
Kidney Beans (yummmy home made chili!)
Cheddar Cheese
2% Cottage Cheese
Feta Cheese
1% Milk (hubs hates it :P)
Lowfat plain Yogurt
Black Berries
Strawberries
Blueberries
Canteloupe
Grapes
Kiwi
Nectarines
Pineapple
Bananananananans :P
Almonds
Walnuts
Peanuts
Sunflower Seeds
Pistachios
Brussel Sprouts
Green Beans
Egg plant
Asparagus
Artichokes
Mushrooms
Butter/Romain/Iceburg Lettuce
Zuchini
Spinach
Sugar Snap peas
eggs
bacon

I love adding the fruit to my yogurt, cottage cheese and protein shakes, so gonna buy alot and prep and freeze it, still have apricots, pluots and plums in the freezer - blackberries are almost done here at my house :( gonna have to buy now. My goal is to buy as fresh and organic as I can...I am not fond of GMO and pesticidy foods.

Anything you see I need to add?

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Looks absolutely awesome to me! Next to nothing that is processed and wonderful healthy choices!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Perfection!
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    My goal is to eat as clean as possible. I see no reason to eat anything processed. I can't say that I will not on occasion but I don't wanna if I don't have to. I do not work out of the house most days, so cooking is not impossible, also no kids, just hubs and I. So there it is!!!!!!! EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    I didn't see avocados, one of my major healthy staples, especially for fiber purposes
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    I didn't see avocados, one of my major healthy staples, especially for fiber purposes

I already have a bag of 20 in the fridge! Those and eggs I do believe :P I love the mexican market here - I get 6 avos for $1, so I pick the hard green ones and buy 30 and put em in the fridge and take em out a couple every other day!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion. . . .I know some don't like it, buuuuut. . .Greek yogurt? Fage makes for fabulous protein intake ;)
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Omg I'm so jealous, avo's are $3 here for one!!!!! :ohwell:

I already have a bag of 20 in the fridge! Those and eggs I do believe :P I love the mexican market here - I get 6 avos for $1, so I pick the hard green ones and buy 30 and put em in the fridge and take em out a couple every other day!