Inspire Diet

Options
jamielslater
jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
Has anyone done the Inspire Diet on the bariatriceating.com website? I am considering trying it, but would like feedback from anyone who has used thier products. So far I have tried the Pumpkin Pie protein shake but I did not care for it at all.

Replies

• loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but I did take a look at their 14-day diet box and recommended food list. All the foods are normal with nothing out of the ordinary that you won't ever eat again.
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I am currently..have been on it since I got my 1st order on Dec 9, 2017..it is the 1st protein powder I’ve been able to get down since my sleeve surgery almost 3 yrs ago. Love the Cafe Bella in my coffee every am, Holy Cannoli, white chocolate Strawberry and chocolate covered cherry make amazing shakes and mug cakes...
    Have lost 23 lbs of regain...I’m back in the jeans I wore over a year ago, almost back in my lowest size..1 size to go...I’ve tried about 75% of their Inspire line and it’s honestly a game changer for me. I’m not doing the inspire diet though..I’m doing a mix of the 2 plans
  • duffslove
    Options
    Has anyone done the Inspire Diet on the bariatriceating.com website? I am considering trying it, but would like feedback from anyone who has used thier products. So far I have tried the Pumpkin Pie protein shake but I did not care for it at all.
    and I didn’t try the pumpkin pie, but I know some loved it, others hated it..just like anything it’s all about your own personal tastes

• MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @duffslove, thanks so much for the info! I'm 5 years out, down 160, but I need to lose another 60 and have been plateauing for two months now. I plan to try the 14 day Inspire to shrink my pouch back down and break this plateau. I'll post my response. Appreciate the input on flavors!
  • duffslove
    edited March 2018
    Options
    MoyMG wrote: »
    @duffslove, thanks so much for the info! I'm 5 years out, down 160, but I need to lose another 60 and have been plateauing for two months now. I plan to try the 14 day Inspire to shrink my pouch back down and break this plateau. I'll post my response. Appreciate the input on flavors!

Fantastic job on your WL journey! Keep up the amazing work

Def let us know how it’s going for you or if you want any tips or suggestions...I’ve been watching the FB support groups since mid Nov, there has been a lot of very good tips and tricks and creative ideas. And on the 14 and 28 day diets..you get choice of soups/bone broth, pancake mix, the new parfaits and bars I believe. The chili and southwestern corn chowder are good choices and the iced cinnamon oatmeal and lemon bars are my favs. The pancake mix is very versatile...pancakes plain or mixed with other protein flavors, make them savory as a substitute for a bread in a bfast sandwhich, waffles can be made with it the same ways, also can be used in some of the BE recipes..like the cheeseburger pie as a crust.

• jamielslater
    Options
    @duffslove thank you so much for the information. My order came today. I'm excited to get started tomorrow. I do have some more questions if you don't mind. Do you mix your shakes with milk? Can I get your recipe for mug cakes? Do you mind clarfying what you mean by a mix of the two plans?
    Thank you again and great job on your loss.
  • duffslove
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @duffslove thank you so much for the information. My order came today. I'm excited to get started tomorrow. I do have some more questions if you don't mind. Do you mix your shakes with milk? Can I get your recipe for mug cakes? Do you mind clarfying what you mean by a mix of the two plans?
    Thank you again and great job on your loss.

I use fat free Fairlife or the skim...6 oz and I spoon mix them because I absolutely can’t stand the frothy stuff. Every am I put my cafe Bella in my hot coffee, (make sure you watch the video on how to add Inspire to hot beverages before doing this) and I have used it in flavored teas. Sometimes I add other spices or sugar free Torani flavors to things I make them with. I have about 6 diff SF flavors I add to shakes to change them up or add more flavor to them

The mug cakes are 1 scoop of the Inspire protein flavor (if you mix 2 flavors, use 1/2 scoops) 1/2 tsp baking powder (make sure it’s not expired, long story, don’t ask..lol) 1 TBSP dark cocoa powder, 1/4 cup Fairlife...I add a sprinkle of cinnamon and Truvia depending on which flavor I’m making. Mix all dry ingredients in a glass cereal bowl..add the milk and stir to a brownie-like consistency. Microwave starting about 25 sec and then intervals of 5 sec. each..mine usually takes about 35 , 40 sec depending on which bowl I choose..every micro watt is different. I also like mine a warm pudding or lava cake middle for the consistency rather than brownie/cake-ish...worst thing is over cooking and have to throw it out..did that a lot before I got it right. The recipe is under mug brownie I believe on the bariatric eating website search tool.

Some days I do the Inspire Diet(formally known as BOT) 5 Inspire products and then dinner of protein and veggies, no extras.only approved list items...some days I do the Inspire Goal (I think that’s what it’s called now) you eat 5 bariatric friendly small meals/healthy snacks including 2-3 Inspire products as snack or meals
    I believe they also have a Keto and Vegan version on their main website also.
  • Time4Nana
    Time4Nana Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like the Inspire shakes they are low in carbs and taste better than most I’ve tried. My favorite is Cafe Bella which I have mixed in my coffee but lately I have been mixing it with hot water and really enjoy it. You have to mix in a small amount of liquid before adding to a hot liquid or you will end up with a nasty mess you can’t drink but it has been that way with all protein powders I’ve tried. They are made specially for bariatric use where most that you buy in stores are made for athletic use so carbs and sugars maybe higher. I mix my shakes with water but can be mixed with skim milk, almond milk etc. They say on the website skim milk gives the best flavors but I don’t like milk. Also if you search there website they have lots of bariatric recipes and articles on wls.
  • jamielslater
    Options
    Thank you so much. I will research adding the protein powder to my coffee I tried that the other day before I read your second post and it was really disgusting so I'm going to have to try it again.
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I just ordered some of their protein powder. I hope it's okay since i haven't had the surgery. I'm hoping to use the powder in place of breakfast.
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I finally stopped waffling around, and ordered the 14-day Inspire diet. It has shipped and should arrive in the next couple days. I plan to hit it aggressively on Monday! My sister is coming out for an early movie and lunch on Sunday, my treat, and I want to take her out, she never eats out due to $$ issues. It will be a careful lunch, since I always track and try to keep under 1200 net cals, but I won't be trying for net 800 cals until Monday. I want to break this plateau!
  • Time4Nana
    Options
    I just ordered some of their protein powder. I hope it's okay since i haven't had the surgery. I'm hoping to use the powder in place of breakfast.

Sara the closer you get to surgery the doctor will probably have you drink protein shakes to prepare yourself.

• duffslove
    Options
    MoyMG wrote: »
    I finally stopped waffling around, and ordered the 14-day Inspire diet. It has shipped and should arrive in the next couple days. I plan to hit it aggressively on Monday! My sister is coming out for an early movie and lunch on Sunday, my treat, and I want to take her out, she never eats out due to $$ issues. It will be a careful lunch, since I always track and try to keep under 1200 net cals, but I won't be trying for net 800 cals until Monday. I want to break this plateau!
    There is a closed group they have for the 14 and 28 day plan participants only..if you’re on their Facebook support group it has been posted several times. They are starting a 28 day diet challenge on Mon the 26th only for the diet box purchasers if you’re interested you can ask to join the group and join up in the challenge. I just did..i ordered the 14 day because it saves me about $7 over full price for the products..but I def have enough extra proteins, bars, soups and crunchers to last the other 14 days.
  • pal00ga
    pal00ga Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I followed the group for about a year before I started following their plan but not to a T though.
    Their plan is to do 4-5 shakes (or one of their other protein products like broth or bars or pancakes) and then 1 protein dense meat (3-4 oz) and veggies a day staying below 55 carbs a day and no other snacks throughout the day. I say I don't follow to a T because some days I have 2 dense protein meat meals and cut out 1 shake.
    I lost 15 lbs in a little over a month so far.
    I started with the protein powder I already had which is the Syntrax Nectar Cappuccino. It's a bit cheaper than theirs as you get about 30 servings for the same price as their 20 servings and it's still just 100 calories. It's pretty sweet though, so I put a half serving of powder with each coffee throughout the day (I drink a lot of coffee).
    I finally bought their 14 day plan as the nutrition of each shake is awesome (100ish cals and low carb) and I needed to have some flavor variety. I've made both the banana smoothie and peanut butter cup which were delicious and much better than other powders I've tried in the last 6 years with similar stats. I plan to try the chocolate covered cherry and pancakes tomorrow. I wasn't super fond of the chocolate chip breakfast bar as it's just very dense, has more of a protein taste than the shakes, and is 170 cals, but considering it's supposed to be a meal, I guess that's good for people who need more solid food choices.
    They are pretty strict about using their stuff and not adding in other food as they are a company selling products but also bc most people there need a strict plan and don't always make the best choices when they have the freedom to choose their own products. But as long as you are focused primarily on shakes and using a powder around 100 cals, less than 5 carbs, and staying below 55 carbs and 1000 cals a day and drinking your 64 oz water, you should still see similar results as you would with their products.
  • Time4Nana
    Options

They also have some very good bariatric recipes on their website you can use if you don’t order any of the products. My two favorite products are the Cafe Bella Latte which I mix with coffee and the Beef Stroganoff Bone Broth.
  • duffslove
    Options
    pal00ga wrote: »
    I followed the group for about a year before I started following their plan but not to a T though.
    Their plan is to do 4-5 shakes (or one of their other protein products like broth or bars or pancakes) and then 1 protein dense meat (3-4 oz) and veggies a day staying below 55 carbs a day and no other snacks throughout the day. I say I don't follow to a T because some days I have 2 dense protein meat meals and cut out 1 shake.
    I lost 15 lbs in a little over a month so far.
    I started with the protein powder I already had which is the Syntrax Nectar Cappuccino. It's a bit cheaper than theirs as you get about 30 servings for the same price as their 20 servings and it's still just 100 calories. It's pretty sweet though, so I put a half serving of powder with each coffee throughout the day (I drink a lot of coffee).
    I finally bought their 14 day plan as the nutrition of each shake is awesome (100ish cals and low carb) and I needed to have some flavor variety. I've made both the banana smoothie and peanut butter cup which were delicious and much better than other powders I've tried in the last 6 years with similar stats. I plan to try the chocolate covered cherry and pancakes tomorrow. I wasn't super fond of the chocolate chip breakfast bar as it's just very dense, has more of a protein taste than the shakes, and is 170 cals, but considering it's supposed to be a meal, I guess that's good for people who need more solid food choices.
    They are pretty strict about using their stuff and not adding in other food as they are a company selling products but also bc most people there need a strict plan and don't always make the best choices when they have the freedom to choose their own products. But as long as you are focused primarily on shakes and using a powder around 100 cals, less than 5 carbs, and staying below 55 carbs and 1000 cals a day and drinking your 64 oz water, you should still see similar results as you would with their products.

Have you tried putting the choc chip bar in the microwave for about 8 sec? I’ve tried all but the PB&J one, which gets delivered today..they’re all really good warmed..way different than eating straight from the wrapper :)
  • jamielslater
    Options
    I am having a hard time sticking to the plan. I seem to get pretty hungry amd I really don't care for their shakes. The bars I really like. @duffslove how do I join the closed group after ordering the 28 day pack?
  • duffslove
    Options
    I am having a hard time sticking to the plan. I seem to get pretty hungry amd I really don't care for their shakes. The bars I really like. @duffslove how do I join the closed group after ordering the 28 day pack?

It’s called The Inspire Diet Support if you do a search on Facebook...if you’re already s member of either of the other support groups they have you can do a search with the keywords in the group or look through the posted photos and there’s always a link on them.

I make their shakes with add ins...ie: SF flavorings, spices...I use 1% Fairlife 6 oz usually, I mix them with a spoon because I can’t stand the frothy stuff. Every am, I use Cafe Bella in my flavored coffee. And I make the mug cakes...that is 3 servings of the protein shake mix...then I add in a bar, soup or pancakes(which you can add their shake protein into also) or crunchers...and my dinner. They have FREE foods, and low cal flavored drinks also on the 14 and 28 day plans
  • jamielslater
    Options
    Thank you everyone.