Metro Diner

Options
nicsflyingcircus
nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
We just got one of these about 10 minutes from my house. As my oldest daughter (a HS senior with a free second block) and I get a late breakfast together about once a week, we decided to give it a try. I was thoroughly pleased to discover their "Protein Breakfast", which consists of 4 scrambled eggs and your choice of two meats: bacon, canadian bacon, sausage links or patties, and turkey sausage. Happily ordered with bacon (three strips) and canadian bacon (2 pieces). Was so simple. No substitutions (bacon instead of hashbrowns, that'll be an upcharge), no omissions. Just straightforward. Along with 3 cups of coffee with 2 half n half mini cups apiece, it made a fantastic keto meal and I wasn't even able to eat but 3/4 of the eggs, lol.

542 calories, 5 carbs, 39 fat, 39 protein. Boom!

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Sounds good !
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I ate breakfast with my husband at A&W the other day. Coupons, dontcha know.... I had two eggs and two pieces of bacon, coffee (with real cream if I wanted - I drink mine black), gave him my toast, and got a couple mini-tubs of peanut butter on the side, and voila. Cheap breakfast - keto style.