Check in

Options

Replies

• CassieBinTC
    CassieBinTC Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Checking in. I am glad to see everyone still at it. I am still moving pretty slowly since the accident. I am abut to start therapy this week. But I am down 96 pounds. The last few months have been slow going since my accident.

Everyone keep up the great work.
  • CheezWhiz88
    CheezWhiz88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Checking in. I am going into week 2 of my detox. It was set up by someone affiliated with Lifetime Fitness, and is an extremely structured meal plan for two weeks to “rid your body of toxins”. It translates to a rigid eating schedule where you are only consuming about 1000 calories a day but are getting all of the nutrition you need. Oddly, despite eating such small caloric meals, I do feel satiated and not hungry throughout the day, which is something I often struggle through.

The downside being I am not a fan of the meals (except for the morning shake), and am getting very bored very quickly with the repetition. 7 more days to go and onward! Hope everyone is having a good week.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    @Mellykay88 What an insightful and wise talk you had with yourself during your walk. <3 You come up with some really great thoughts. I hope it's helping you as much as it's helping us.

I was WAY OVER my calorie goal for 4 days, eating lots of donuts. Now, I've been back under the last 5 days. I'm so much happier when I wake up in the mornings.

I'm trying to reach my 1st goal of 295 lbs. I'm still about 305.
  • CheezWhiz88
    Options
    I finished my 14- day detox, and it was probably the longest 2 weeks of my life (weight loss related). I did drop some weight, which I am happy about, but more happy that I stuck with it and didn’t quit early (despite really wanting to, particularly toward the end when I didn’t think I could take another day of the same food and having no sugar, pasta, bread or dairy of any kind).
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @CheezWhiz88 good for you to sticking to it! Not many of us would have had the will power that you had.
  • meldwel
    meldwel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I’ve had a crappy couple weeks. Really it’s my fault but I just want to complain and you guys are so good at listening. Lol April 7th was our 17th wedding anniversary and we decided to eat whatever we wanted for the weekend. I wouldn’t say we flew off the rails both days but we ate what we wanted. 1st day we had Jack in the Box and Wingstop. Fried city! Then every year on our anniversary we go to one of those Brazilian steakhouses where you can have all the meat you want. There wasn’t really any way to calculate all that but we guessed. Well after those two days I lost determination and went a few days doing well but sad that I had gained 8 lbs so I said what the heck! I’m gonna have a cheeseburger and fries. So I splurged that day also. Well, it took me 12 darn days to get back to where I was before all that mess. It WAS NOT WORTH IT!!! I also was not drinking the 120oz of water that I had been...but I also didn’t drink any calories during that time with soda and such, so that’s good, and only had water, just not enough. On top of all that I’ve had this rash going on and went to the doc and after some discussion she wanted to do a blood allergy test. I thought I might be allergic to shrimp or something and was worried about it because that is my favorite food. Well the tests came back and I have a moderate allergy to egg whites! I think I was more devastated about eggs than I would have been about shrimp. I was eating over easy eggs easily 4-5 times a week and I love them! I also have a low allergy to cows milk, which is not that big of a deal because I don’t like milk much except for in cereal, and I don’t eat that all that often either. Anyway the rash is getting better and she told me to stay away from eggs and milk for a month then add them back in separately and we will go from there. I’m back on track now and doing well this week. Thanks for listening :)
  • bigghunny
    bigghunny Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    @meldwel.....that's what this discussion is for. Always happy to listen. You have to be able to enjoy special occasions without guilt. We are not robots after all. It's awesome to see you back on track one meal at a time one day at a time. Hugs :)<3
  • PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hello, all. I'm checking in here with my first MFP post. I've been lurking here for a little while reading your posts and absorbing the culture of this group. I've seen such optimistic and positive energy and kind support. Now that is something I would like to participate in. I've got a long journey ahead of me and can use some upbeat kindred spirits and a safe place to share.

I'm happy to say that I've been MFP logging for a consistent 60 days now, so I've proven to myself that I have some staying power. I've also recorded a loss of 10.25 lbs in that same time period. I'm hypothyroid, so this is a dramatic loss for me. My doctor mentioned the dreaded 'b' word, bariatric, to me in February as a possible option, and that seems to have been the frightening catalyst that motivated me to make a concerted effort to embrace change.

• bigghunny
    Options
    @ploddingturtle Hi and welcome. Great work on the 60 day streak and the weightloss. Surgery is always a scary thing....for me anyway. That's why I joined here. Look forward to following your progress.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I posted this on my main board, too, though the ladies will probably be the only ones who really get it lol

Ever have one of those days where you feel like your brain is misfiring or not firing on all 8 cylinders? Like it takes about a 3 second beat for you to process anything? I got up that way this morning - my brain felt like mush and my coffee wasn't helping. Then I knew I should have just stayed in bed when I realized I had shaved the same leg in the shower twice!

Ah well - I had to go on with the day: I'm the temporary church pianist! I survived, thanks to the Good Lord, then I took a nice, long afternoon nap and felt better by the evening services.

right now, I"m going a little off the rails - not far, but I've been craving American style buttermilk biscuits! I made some with regular milk yesterday for my evening snack and ended up polishing off the pan for breakfast - the recipe made 6. I bought me some buttermilk and making some more for dinner tonight. It's going to push me over my calorie limit today since I was lazy and napped the day away, but I don't care - it's only about 170 calories over, I worked my tail off and only counted the 1st hour yesterday, so I should truly have some room in the weekly deficit, but even if I don't, I'm making my biscuits anyway, I'm going to enjoy every last crumb, and then I'm going to get back on track tomorrow :)
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    bigghunny wrote: »
    @ploddingturtle Hi and welcome. Great work on the 60 day streak and the weightloss. Surgery is always a scary thing....for me anyway. That's why I joined here. Look forward to following your progress.

Thanks, @bigghunny.

Yeah. The surgery thing is definitely something I'd like to avoid. My doctor is going ahead with the request for an appointment at the local obesity clinic for me, and it can take a year to get an appointment, so I have some time to prove to myself that I can get the job done on my own. In the mean time I am approaching this as an overall permanent health project and with a deliberate calm, patience, and maybe a little scientific curiosity. My approach is going to be to change what I eat and the frequency/time I eat in a way that I can sustain and am willing to eat/do/cook for the rest of my life. I have a June check up appointment with my doctor, and I'd like to drop another 10 lbs by that time.
  • bigghunny
    Options
    @bmeadows380 I get it!!!! Right there with you. Enjoy those biscuits and no guilt. :D;)
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I’m a bit out of commission right now. I passed out at work yesterday and now I have little energy and am just feeling awful. I got blood work done yesterday and got some of the results back today. I haven’t talked to the doctor yet, but a lot of my blood levels are too low or too high. The good news is my A1C is perfect as is my blood glucose level... so no diabetes or related problems. I’m hoping is just anemia or something else that is easy to treat. Since I switched jobs recently my new health insurance won’t kick in for about another month. And Dr. Google just freaked me out a bit so I am very anxious to talk to my doctor.

I have upped my calories a bit (still a deficit, just not as aggressive). I haven’t been to the gym in over a week, which now that I think about it should have been a sign that something was off.

I hope everyone is doing well... I’ll update once I know what the heck is going on with me.
  • bigghunny
    Options
    @mellykay88 I am so glad you checked in I was worried about you. Im glad there is no diabetes. You need to take this break level things out. Maybe your body telling you..your pushing to hard. Hugs to you and I hope you feel better soon. Keep on top of your results with the Dr.
    Here for you girl
  • CheezWhiz88
    Options
    @cnavarro002 : Thanks! Knowing I had to check in at MFP every day made it easier!

@meldwel : We have all been there! It’s a marathon, not a sprint, as they say! Every day is an opportunity to start fresh! After my detox, I went overboard having things I shouldn’t have had and today, one week after it was completed, I’m back to basics: healthy meals, consistent check-ins with you fine folks, and more exercise. We are all going to stumble or have decided cheat meals, and if our weight loss journey gets away from us, we can at least rest in the knowledge that MFP will be here when we get back to it!

@PloddingTurtle : Nice to meet you! Congrats on the 60 days- that’s a great commitment you’ve made to your health already!

@bmeadows380 : Enjoy your biscuits; weight loss doesn’t have to make us miserable as we head towards our goal!

@Mellykay88 : Thinking of you and hope everything works itself out! You’re a huge inspiration to a lot of us, and clearly you’re a fighter!

@bigghunny : I have to say: you’re one of the most positive and uplifting people on this board. I always enjoy your posts, thank you.

I had a rough week and I’m back to it today and going hard. My reasons for losing weight haven’t changed, so I am refocused. I did notice that after a week of not being as healthy, I have been lethargic, have gotten headaches and my foot has swollen back up from too much salt. Off to make my shake and make some better decisions again!
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    @CheezWhiz88 thank you! And good for you for getting back on track. One bad week can’t undo months of progress.

I talked to the doctor today and she said I’m anemic. Probably due to all of the other issues I’ve been having, but I go in for a follow up next Wednesday, so I hope to know more then. Hopefully supplements of some sort will help. I’m ready for the dizziness to go away so I can get back to the gym.
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    I've been totally off plan for the last two days. My family is dealing with profound loss, circle of life stuff, and healthy eating just doesn't rank in my top 10 right now. We sat vigil by my Dad's hospital bed most of the day yesterday, drinking far too much coffee and eating whatever food family members brought to the hospital. He passed shortly after midnight, shedding his pain-racked tired old body. Today has been a blur. I really can't tell you what I ate, and I don't think I drank any water in the last two days. I know my Dad would counsel me to get back at my healthy habits, so tomorrow I'm back on my plan and working on fitting in those walks.
  • bigghunny
    Options
    @ploddingturtle I am so sorry for your loss. Please don't be hard on yourself through this difficult time. Life happens be kind to yourself. My prayers are with you and your family that you find peace in the days to come <3
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    Thank you, @bigghunny, for your kindness. Prayers are always welcome.

I'd like to get back to disciplined healthy eating and activity as a way to get a feeling of normal back, to continue on my road to a healthier me, and maybe as a way to honour my Dad's memory. I'm toying with the notion of maybe creating a walking log/journal, maybe call it "Walking with my Dad" and record the thoughts or reminiscences that come to mind when I'm out on my daily walk, which was something my dad did until his health deteriorated a few years ago.
  • bigghunny
    Options
    @ploddingturtle That is a touching and awesome way to remember your dad and keep your goals at the same time. Your strength is admirable. If you need to vent please feel free and remember you have a gaurdian angel now and he will be with you always.