Inspired to finally do something!

Options
galfromaway
galfromaway Posts: 4 Member
Hi all. I'm in the early stages of getting my lifestyle healthier. I'm struggling a lot with what my perimenopausal body is doing - I'm the biggest I've ever been since I was pregnant, and it's so easy to sit on my butt and wallow in my inability to wear my clothes.

So I'm looking for some inspiration and some kindred spirits. :)

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! One thing I found that helped me was to do some research. I read up on nutrition.
    I liked "Before the Change: Taking Charge of your Perimenopause" (Ann Louise Gittleman), and "What Can I eat: Menopause Diet" by Vivianne Parnell.
    I also really appreciated The Estrogen Window by Mache Seibel. And less so, but ok, Menopause Confidential" by Tara Allmen.
    I have found convincing evidence that we become more carbohydrate sensitive with the change, and that a significant percentage of women become insulin resistant at menopause.
    For me, I definitely felt like I was PMSing for the final 18 months, and with that, tremendous carb cravings and a weird feeling of not being able to control my blood sugars.

Yoga was a Godsend.
    Good luck!