bloated on keto diet

Options
72happy
72happy Posts: 14 Member
Hi i am in to my day 2 on keto and doing fine with it, but for some reason i am feeling bloated today. Toilet issues isn't a problem. Any one else having this issue to start with and does it go away after a while?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Keto doesn't make me bloated, but anything with wheat will bloat me up for a couple days, even in very small quantity. I know some people have reported a similar reaction to dairy or artificial sweeteners. You may want to just review your food for the last few days and see if there is anything new or different that could be the source of the problem. Or just wait it out, your body should adapt soon.
  • 72happy
    72happy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Might be the cream, but i will wait it out for a week and see if is my body that need to get use to it.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Lots of heavy creams have carrageenan added to them for texture/separation issues. Check the ingredients.... gums can cause gastric issues. I think @KnitOrMiss had an issue with this a while ago, if I'm not mistaken.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    sugar alcohols maybe? maltitol, zylitol, erythritol, etc.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Reminder if you start cutting things from an already limited diet (yes I said that)....cut 1 thing at a time and test it for a while. If you cut more than one and it is effective you may have just cut more from your diet than you need to not knowing which is the culprit.

Or you could always take the route of an allergy type diet and cut about everything and slowly add items in to test. 40+ years ago I had a "health event" (doc thought it might be a gallbladder attack) and was instructed to eat rice only for a week. 1st thing I was to add was maple syrup. I wasn't overweight but I lost weight. Cool! After a couple of weeks I gave up on it and just started eating normally which indicates in must have been a 1 time event for whatever reason. I definitely wasn't into tracking intake in the 70s.

I've been pretty lucky in that only sugar alcohols are disruptive (including bloat) to my system.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by bloated? Like in your gut? Or do you mean in your tissues like hands, feet?