How should I address this rare opportunity?

Options
graysmom2005
graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
Hi friends! So right now I'm trying to meticulously rock my routine courtesy of Sarah and Steel. :-)

My question is this....This Wednesday I leave for a week and a half for Florida. I will be at the Les Mills Mega Quarterly on Saturday (probably doing 6+ workouts) and then Disney etc parks. I will ACTUALLY HAVE A WEEK OFF FROM THE GYM! This is rare as I'm a group fitness instructor who is always doing 9+ classes a week...fun but exhausting physically. Food will ALL be questimations for the most part (although I am bringing my scale and cups).

Since I never get a rest week, and I have been at a 2 year plateau...what do you suggest would be my BEST use of this week. Still aim for 1600. Go up to TDEE for a week? Do no workouts..do SOME workouts...keep the workouts weight training related?

I'd like to use this as an opportunity since my workout schedule is always the same. Thanks for the ideas!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Stop logging and stop weighing yourself and enjoy your vacation.

That's how I'd handle it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

^^ That's pretty much my plan for the week of vacation I have coming up next week. 3 prepared meals a day? The only thing I'm going to really pay that much attention to is making sure I get enough protein. Not going to pig out, but not going to worry too much about calorie intake either.
  • graysmom2005
    Options

Well I wasn't planning on bringing MY scale. Just my food one. LMAO!!!!

Steel, I'm over 400 days strong...stop logging? LOL. Maybe I'll just put 1 calorie and name is Disney. Haha.

Just stick with the walking and call it a day workout wise?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

^^ That's pretty much my plan for the week of vacation I have coming up next week. 3 prepared meals a day? The only thing I'm going to really pay that much attention to is making sure I get enough protein. Not going to pig out, but not going to worry too much about calorie intake either.

Yep. I basically just make sure I don't binge eat. My natural eating habits usually get my protein intake at least reasonably close.

Gaining a few lbs over vacation is fine IMO. Gaining 20 probably isn't.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

Yep. I basically just make sure I don't binge eat. My natural eating habits usually get my protein intake at least reasonably close.

Gaining a few lbs over vacation is fine IMO. Gaining 20 probably isn't.

I agree. I had a 10 day no-logging, no-training vacation in June, and it was fantastic. I actually came back about 6 lb lighter, though obviously that was just water weight--it's pretty hard to either lose or gain that amount of real fat weight over such a short period.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-ltdfle.html

Anyway, enjoy your rest!
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    THANK YOU! Coming back with a LOSS? That would be amazing. haha!
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options

this. and leave your cups at home. enjoy! :)
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options

No scales of any kind on vacation!
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options

I am so anal about daily weighing I took my scales on our cruise this summer. Image my frustration when they wouldn't work because the boat was rocking! :laugh:
    No scales of any kind on vacation!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Agree with all of the above. Having slightly more freedom for a finite time may well be beneficial from a weight loss perspective, especially as you will be active, but the mental freedom should do you wonders.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more on ditching all kinds of tracking and just enjoy! It's such a great mental break and you are just that much more committed when you get back. Especially since you don't have to worry about having a hard time getting back to it since you have no choice. You can still log in every day for a quick 5 seconds just to keep your numbers rolling if that's important to you. Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.