Birthday suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    cheesecake is an easy option to make keto...almond flour instead of graham cracker crumbs for the crust, and splenda instead of the sugar, and pretty much any regular cheesecake recipe will become keto...because it's all cheese and eggs anyway...

Cheesecake is my favorite too. I make it crustless with a bit of extra egg and it stays really low carb.

... Now I want cheese cake. :(

I know, me too! :weary:
    I made some cheesecake muffins once that were good for brekkie... I need to make those again. Maybe if I take a maintenance break soon.
  • baconslave
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Shoot that reply shortened too. Guess I need a primer on MFP forum posting.

Did you use emojis?

I almost certainly did! Thank you so much taking the time to explain what happened. I'm much wiser now :D

There are a lot more emojis available than they show in that grid. One day I will go through and type all the letters and catalogue them and put it as a sticky or something.
  • 37lbs_to_go
    37lbs_to_go Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think we're going to go with this one. Looks incredibly self indulgent. Perfect for a once a year birthday treat! I'll post pics of the final product.

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/brownie-cheesecake-low-carb-and-gluten-free/
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I think we're going to go with this one. Looks incredibly self indulgent. Perfect for a once a year birthday treat! I'll post pics of the final product.

Looks pretty fancy...

Here's another not so fancy cheesecake you might like to try in future. It's really delish. I've taken it to potlucks and people love it. It doesn't even need a crust, but if you do make an almond flour crust, be sure to blind bake it before adding the filling.

Bawdy's Cheesecake

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=224312

• 37lbs_to_go
    Options
    MistressPi wrote: »

Looks pretty fancy...

Here's another not so fancy cheesecake you might like to try in future. It's really delish. I've taken it to potlucks and people love it. It doesn't even need a crust, but if you do make an almond flour crust, be sure to blind bake it before adding the filling.

Bawdy's Cheesecake

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=224312

Thank you! I'll definitely give it a go one of these days. I like the idea of using a blender for mixing. Sounds like quick prep with a delicious return.

I've got the brownie cheesecake cooling right now! I have high hopes for it. Even if I did spend 20 minutes trying to catch a loose dog instead of pulling it out of the oven on time. Daily cardio check! :D Even with the low carb adjustments it's going to require some serious portion control. That thing is a beast. I'll post some pics and a review once we've dug in.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    cheesecake is an easy option to make keto...almond flour instead of graham cracker crumbs for the crust, and splenda instead of the sugar, and pretty much any regular cheesecake recipe will become keto...because it's all cheese and eggs anyway...

Cheesecake is my favorite too. I make it crustless with a bit of extra egg and it stays really low carb.

I made some cheesecake muffins once that were good for brekkie... I need to make those again. Maybe if I take a maintenance break soon.

Ooooh, cheesecake muffins sound like a good idea. I need to go recipe googling.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you've already had your birthdays by now, but another idea that we did for my daughter was dark chocolate covered strawberries.....They were a really good treat!
  • 37lbs_to_go
    Options
    This is what the brownie cheesecake turned out like. It was hard to get a picture since it went so quickly!

• 37lbs_to_go
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »
    I'm sure you've already had your birthdays by now, but another idea that we did for my daughter was dark chocolate covered strawberries.....They were a really good treat!

Another great idea. Thank you for the suggestion :)
  • baconslave
    Options

Ooooh, cheesecake muffins sound like a good idea. I need to go recipe googling.

I use this one called Cream Cheese Muffins from Lowcarbfriends.com
    You can add other flavors/extracts. I do chocolate by adding cocoa powder sometimes, but need to add a tad bit of almond milk or something to keep them from being too dry.

2 8oz. pks. philadelphia cream cheese
    1/2 cup equivalent sweetener (I've used Pyure and liquid sucralose)
    2 eggs
    1/2 tsp. vanilla

Soften cream cheese about 40 seconds in microwave. Add other ingredients. Beat with mixer till smooth. Pour into muffin tins lined with the papers. Bake at 350 for 20 min.