GennaroC2 Posts: 358 Member
Hey GoaDies It's time to post your loss or gain it's Saturday weigh in

Down 1/2 pound for the week a total of 20 1/2 pound since 1/2/18
Onward@Donward.

Replies

• mr_sandyman
    mr_sandyman Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Way to go Gennaro, continue to blaze the trail.
    Down 2.6, still in my range. I may go for a little buffer room, still studying new step.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Shocked to be up 3.4 at my monthly meeting, 0.8 for the month. Good motivation as I have just started to try Freestyle.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Shocked to be up 3.4 at my monthly meeting, 0.8 for the month. Good motivation as I have just started to try Freestyle.

So did you start Freestyle before the gain? Or do you mean that you're switching to it now? I'm curious because I've talked to several people who seemed to have gained since starting Freestyle. I think it's because they're overdoing it on the "free" foods. While they may have zero points, they do still have calories.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you guys @GennaroC2 and @mr_sandyman (hope you're feeling better too!).

Hang in there @myallforjcbill . Also curious about @beachwoman2006 's question. I think her intuition is right on (based on input from my meeting members).
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    @beachwoman2006 Cindy, I had a messy divorce with the original Smart Points which I found incredibly restrictive. I was in weight loss mode when the change occurred and suddenly the new system was telling me I was eating too many points, or eating incorrectly. I couldn't find a happy median. Combined with the wonderful WW IT, I couldn't justify paying the extremely high monthly fee. I was about 6 mos or so from goal at the time. Serious back issues and a descent into emotional eating caused me to gain about 45lbs back. I am beginning to deal with the emotional journey but a neurosurgeon told me that until I got the weight back off he was reluctant to work on my spine. He said since accountability helps he wanted to see me in 3 months to make sure I was weighing less and my situation was still stable. I track (yes I know) on MFP and manually convert to Freestyle. I pay for a monthly 1 hour Lifetime meeting which is an interactive circle and well worth the $15. Freestyle has been pretty easy, so far and actually does help me eat better. I am trying to work on the eating till satisfied not full. I am reminded of an old post of yours about lessons learned. Mostly about I learned I could eat ..... and be satisfied.