Let’s talk food (Esp Lunch)

Options
xosummerrainxo
xosummerrainxo Posts: 112 Member
OK looking for some ideas for different lunches to take to work and also to have on weekends. Not to mention my breakfast says are typically the same most days as well. Dinners I typically have more time at home and I have time to make different options. Love the come up with some new ideas to put some variety in the day and not to get bored. Thank you

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    A good start is to go to the "Stickies" then click on "Start Here" then "Recipes Tips, Websites". There you will find about 46 low carb or keto recipe websites with thousands of recipes. Thousands of ideas that will keep you busy until someone more helpful than me posts.

I try to not make eating a pastime so it's OK if it is repetitious and boring. It just needs to take away hunger. I'll not ramble...

• __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    My go-to lunches are:
    Pepperoni, cheese & pickles
    Tuna, mayo & green onion
    Chicken caesar salad (no croutons)
    Leftover dinner

I tend to pack the same lunches all the time so that I don't have to think about it. But I could use some new ideas too!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind eating the same thing all week, my go to is to make meat in a crock pot on Sunday and divide it out for the week. I keep it simple with just a good piece of meat (I have done various cuts of beef and pork mostly) with an added fat (i.e. salt pork, butter, etc.), peppers and garlic (because I think they make everything taste better), seasonings to suit your taste such as salt, pepper, basil, marjoram, bay leaf, etc.

Frequently, for the last hour or so, I will add something to give it a little more bulk such as Miracle Rice or zucchini slices.

I like this because it is super simple, tastes great and allows for some creativity.

Lately, I have been making a sort of crustless quiche. Basically, in the morning, I just scramble some eggs with HWC, sliced up jalapeno, meat (I have used many different ones including salmon, chicken, sausage, pepperoni, bacon, etc.) and some seasonings of choice (minimum salt, pepper, garlic/garlic powder). I do this in a glass storage container that is microwavable. Then I just nuke it at work. Because of the way microwaves cook I have to stir it a couple times during cooking so it doesn't look super pretty, but it tastes really good.

I have thought about trying this in the oven where I could make them look much prettier since I wouldn't have to stir them. I also think topping with cheese would be good, but I am currently running a little n=1 experiment to determine if cheese may be causing me some negative issues.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I pick a lunch for the week and then eat the same thing every day. Here are my go-tos:
    • Leftovers
    • Chicken breast with alfredo sauce over broccoli
    • hamburger patty and avocado
    • boiled eggs and avocado
    • a bell pepper cut in half with half an avocado smushed into each side, topped with diced pickles and lunch meat of your choice - it's an open face sandwich with bell pepper in place of bread

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I like lettuce wraps - easy and I often have this for a midnight dinner/snack - HB or devilled eggs wrapped in butter lettuce or romaine boats, topped with Frank's Hot sauce. Add avocado or pickles or whatevah.