Keto macros? Fat too much?

I have been reading posts in the Forum and from what I gather is there is a lot to lose don't want the fat macro too high for quick weight loss I've posted my stats below any advice should I increase the protein and decrease the fat?
there is a lot of information out there. My height is 5'4 weight is 168 lbs. And i have 30 lbs to loss.

1287 calories with
20g carbs/ 90g protein / 94 g fat
So 6% / 28%/66%

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Your macros are fine. There's no need to over analyze things. Keeping your carbs and calories in check is the key. Calories for weight loss. Macros for satiety, health/ fitness goals and personal preference.

If your desire is to be in ketosis that should be accomplished via the very low carb intake. Lack of carbs causes ketosis. A calorie deficit causes weight loss. When you're in a calorie deficit the body relies on the use of stored body fat to keep the body functioning. Eating very LCHF tends to suppress hunger for many making it easier to stay in a deficit. Eat too many calories overall and you'll gain weight whether you're in ketosis or not.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited March 2018
    Your macros look good to me! Although I personally would tweak the protein to 100g, which would lower the fat a touch. But your numbers do look good as is. Stick closely with this and you'll surely have success! Good luck :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,015 Member
    Fat only becomes a problem in reference to macros in 2 instances:
    When it is so high that it forces your protein down too low.
    When it is so high that it causes you to go over your calories.

Macros formation priority:
    1. Meet your protein needs.
    2. Stay at under your carbs.
    3. Fat is the adjustable macro. You eat more fat if your calorie needs go up. You eat less as it goes down.