New to Paleo

Options
GemmaM_x
GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
Hi Everyone!

I'm Gemma, 24 from Glasgow, UK.

Been on MFP since April (joined previously for a few weeks but didn't last) and lost 24lbs so far by eating better and exercising more.

My partner and I are doing this together and have both been looking into the Paleo diet and have decided to begin tomorrow. I've always felt ridiculously bloated and lethargic after eating carbs and hope that by following Paleo I'll feel more energetic and less in need of a sugary carb kick mid-PM.

How has everyone else been getting on so far? Would love to hear stories from others and perhaps gain a few friends to help me along. My diary is visible to friends, and would love to see what others are eating, along with getting some advice on my intake.

Replies

• momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi Gemma! :) I've been eating paleo since Nov of last year, off and on. I'm back on since July 1st and feeling great! I'll friend you. :)
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi Gemma, I've been paleo since May, if you want to add me as a friend please send a request. You can view my pictures and my food diary then.
  • ronniiieee
    ronniiieee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I need paleo friends with diaries open please add me
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, and I started Whole30 on August 1st. I plan to continue paleo lifestyle afterwards... Looking for support of other paleo practicing women! Please add me
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been ketogenic Primal for a year. I am now on day 10 of my first Whole30. I love it and I will not go back to consuming dairy on a regular basis.

For me, this is a permanent lifestyle change. My health has improved so drastically that I refuse to go back to being sick. Some people promote 80/20 adherence to Paleo and that may work for people who have already resolved their health problems; however, I enjoy 95/5 so that I don't struggle at all.

I'm passionate and opinionated because I love this lifestyle. It has literally saved my life.