Like Minded Lushes - Spring 2018

Options
SoCalWoman
SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
Welcome to the Spring thread!! New beginnings, fresh starts, and cocktails!! We've been waiting for you, Spring! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the spring thread Sydney! New beginnings, fresh starts and cocktails it shall be!!! <3
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Doing well managing my calories and I've dropped those 2 lbs I gained. Let's see if I can continue with that and not blow up my progress over the weekend.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Weekends are my enemy when it comes to drinking! Far too many free hours... ;):)
    That being said, I can't wait till I can sit on my deck with a drink! C'mon warm weather!!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Sydney- nicely done on dropping those 2 pounds! As for me- just pluggin along as usual!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Work has been a stressful challenge but I am hanging in there. We have been getting big wet heavy snow on and off today. Not sticking but yucky. I would like some warmer weather please. My weight, drinking and working out are about the same, so not good. It will all change someday. Take care my dearest lushes.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    We had that wet sticky snow Tuesday/Wednesday. We got 9.5" in KY.

I got 2 0's this week!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I hear ya Ann!!
    Good to see you, Robin. I've been thinking about you, hoping all is ok.
    Ashley, great job on the 0's!! I can't believe the amount of snow you got!
    So ready for Spring. It's finally supposed to warm up here and I'm really looking forward to it.
    Happy weekend everyone!! :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Not much activity on the thread. I guess that means everyone is doing well.
    The weekend saw the son and grandson down. Fun and exhausting. Moderated a bit. We are suppose to leave on a three week vacation to the desert SW Friday but wife's dad is back in the hospital with a possible gall bladder issue. He has been in and out of the hospital for several months with a variety of issues, the last was earlier this month with a kidney stone.

Have a great week lushes- no zeros for me in the works.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Oh Gary. I hope your FIL improves and you're able to get away. Where ya headed? I have deserts near me, just sayin ;)
    Weather is finally warming up here so I'm doing my spring planting/work in the garden. And there's wine.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Sydney- we just heard- surgery for gall bladder removal on Friday. They have go get his liver enzymes normal first.
    It will impact our trip.

Oh well.

As for where we are headed--- Great Basin National Park, Capitol Reef NP, Staircase Escalante Nat Mon, Chaco Canyon, Mars Desert Research Center, Trilobite hunting in Utah, Arches NP, Canyonlands NP, etc etc.

If we get to SD, maybe we can go hang out at Blacks Beach with you? B)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    All the best for a good surgery, Gary.

and NO ONE wants to see me at Blacks Beach. Trust me :D
  • ryzeman
    Options
    SoCalWoman wrote: »
    All the best for a good surgery, Gary.

and NO ONE wants to see me at Blacks Beach. Trust me :D

Surgery on the FIL tomorrow. Its a gall bladder removal which is not terribly invasive, just three little cuts, but being 80 years old and going under anesthesia always has risks.

As for the beach we can go at night! :)
  • rjadams
    Options
    Gary and Syd, you two are hilarious. I am still plugging along. I am in the process of getting invisaline braces. maybe if my smile is better I will be more motivated to get the rest of me better. One can hope.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I will say the one time I went to Blacks beach it made me feel better about my body. It was many years ago but the average age was probably about 60 and I remember thinking, boy these people are old. :o
    Keep us posted on the FIL, Gary.
    Robin I'm so jealous!! Your smile is going to be awesome :)
    Started my spring planting. Keeping busy. The sun makes me happy.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    You guys read about this??
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/29/under-armour-stock-falls-after-company-admits-data-breach.html

I guess we should change our passwords or something. I dunno, like I told my husband, the only thing they'll see from looking at my account is that I drink too much wine and haven't lost much weight for being here for so long.

Have a great weekend and Happy Easter to those who celebrate!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Sydney- I saw that data breach as well. I don't have any personal info on the site so I can't see how it could harm me. Still I may change my password anyway.

Have a great weekend!
  • rjadams
    Options
    I am with you on the breach thing. Not much to find out about me on here. I am afraid if I change my password I will never remember it. It sucks getting old.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    FIL gall bladder removal went well. He has some unrelated infections they are getting hold of so he will be in the hospital over the weekend. We leave on our trip tomorrow. I will try and post some pics to piss everyone off!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hope you're enjoying your trip, Gary!

I must've been jealous because I'm taking off on a last minute trip to Palm Desert. Going to enjoy some warm weather and relax at the spa before the Coachella crowds show up. Need to stop by the store to stock up on wine :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Have a wonderful time Sydney!

My profile pic was taken at the Oregon Trail Interpretive center near Baker City Oregon.