Like Minded Lushes - Spring 2018

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I hope you are enjoying your trips Syd and Gary. Where the heck is everyone else? I am plugging along still. today is payday so I think I have to splurge and by some apple pucker and Pendelton to make Washington Red apples.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    We had to come home two weeks early. Got in last night. FIL not progressing well after his gall bladder was removed. He is weak and confused and in a rehab facility. If you are familiar with rehab facilities, then you understand that we are still concerned about the level of care he will receive. Such is life. Enjoy it while you can and have a cocktail or two.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Oh Gary :( I understand. Hope your FIL turns it around and heals soon.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Thanks Syd. I know you went through a rough time last year. Will keep you posted.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Sorry to hear Gary. Take care. I am dealing with issues for my girls because their step mother is in the hospital. She was on a ventilator then off then back on and they asked the girls dad to make a decision. He made the decision not to put in a trach tube and keep her on a ventilator. all was good. Then the doc woke her up to tell her what they were going to do. He said "do you want to die now or later?" Really? He made her believe she will get well enough to go home. Two other doctors totally disagree. "Dad" is furious that they made him choose and then woke her up to ask her. Now she will linger on, on a machine for 6 months and bankrupt the family. They are all really pissed. This is her second time in the hospital on a ventilator. Last time she started smoking again the minute she got home. This time she won't go home. She won't get to drink coffee. She will be fed thru a tube. My kids think this is torture and not life. I feel so bad for them. I even feel a bit sorry for my ex. Life is indeed short. Live it as full as you can.
  • SoCalWoman
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Back from the desert. I'm staying away from the scale for a day or 2 before I see what the damage was. Definitely got into the drinks. Vodka and tequila poolside :o The good news was it had been so long since I've had hard alcohol that it only took a drink or 2 to make things fun. So I didn't over do it. I did eat carbs though. All.The.Carbs :p
    Hope everyone else is doing well. 86 degrees here today. B)
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Robin- end of life issues suck. The Dr who woke her up should lose his license. Could he honestly think she would be of sound mind to make that decision?

Sydney- Glad you had a wonderful time. And it only took a drink or two to make things fun? >:)
  • rjadams
    Options
    Thanks for the support Gary. It does suck. Well I am plugging along. The woman I have been covering for will be back tomorrow so work should get better I won't have to be a front desk personality anymore. Stupid people really annoy me and it seems that there are a lot of them here.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    This week has gone by just fine. I had a big weight loss. It makes me suspicious- maybe I need new scales?

Have not been moderating but keeping things under control. The FIL consumes most of Dars time. She leaves shortly for another day of taking him out of rehab and running him around to DR appts. I figure she will put on 150 miles of travel time today and will be gone most of it. Same as yesterday.

You guys have a great weekend!

Hey, whatever happened to everyone else? Did the rapture happen and its just us sinners???? :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Sinner here! Happy weekend everyone! :drinker:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Robin- sorry to hear of the issues, that doctor sounds horrible!
    Gary- hopefully your FIL will feel better quickly!

We headed out to Grand Rapids, MI this weekend for a craft beer specialty tapping so lots of fattening and delicious beer was consumed...only downside to the weekend was my daughter hot into an accident yesterday on out lovely icy roads...she's fine but the car is totaled...
  • rjadams
    Options
    Sinning away here too.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    How scary, Ann! Glad your daughter is ok.

Plugging away here. Back at my low weight but hoping to reach a new milestone. Went to a party over the weekend and didn't blow it all so maybe I can get on a new roll....

Have a great week lushes!

• ryzeman
    Options
    The FIL is in a rehab facility until he can get enough strength to go home. He is not the most pleasant person to be around, which makes it that much harder to sympathize with his situation.

Ann- sorry about your daughter's car but glad she is ok. Sheet metal can be replaced. Not so much our loved ones.

Sydney- very good with maintaining the low weight! With summer coming you will totally rock!

Robin- hope this week is better at work than last.

The weather here has been mid forties and rainy. Typical PNW weather for this time of year although a bit cold. I have been on a walking routine so I have been able to be out to enjoy it. :#

Have not been moderating as much as I would like but am not going crazy either.
  • rjadams
    Options
    So I got my Invisaline trays yesterday. My tongue is shredded and I am cranky. My back is out and I need to get to a crackter practer. On the bright side, I have already noticed that I won't be snaking as much or eating the random bite here or there. This is going to be an interesting year. Good job Syd. Ann glad the accident didn't harm your daughter. Gary, we are supposed to get some sunshine this week.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Robin- thanks for bringing on the sunshine!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Gary, I feel for you. :/
    Robin, that's one way to drop some lbs! Just think how great your teeth will look.

Got in our new windows. Next up I need to research kitchen remodels. Blah...I'm not looking forward to that mess. Drinking wine, as usual.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Syd- the kitchen is my second favorite room in the house! Looking forward to hearing of your ideas.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Overdid it with the wine last night but had a pretty good reason to celebrate....

The son got his 1st official real job offer!! Medical, dental, retirement benefits and everything! He graduates next month, so obviously this is a huge relief. And he'll be working at Alzheimer's San Diego, which is a wonderful organization that provides so much support for families. I couldn't be more proud. <3

After a pretty crappy 2017, I am so very grateful for all the positive things coming our way this year.

Now if I could just get my *kitten* in gear and start exercising again. :|
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Syd- Congratulations to your son! As parents seeing our children turn into successful adults is the height of child rearing. Now if he could bring you many grandchildren your life will be complete! <3