Hi! Me too! Just started 5:2

Options
tacmsc
tacmsc Posts: 2 Member
Hi me too! Just started 5:2, any tips for the fast days?

Replies

• vaswhitehead
    vaswhitehead Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! Yes, I feel you. 500 cal day today and I am a little hangry and tired. Currently drinking some water and seltzer hoping to fill up...

I’m a beginner at this too—so I don’t exactly know what I’m talking about :# , but this is what I’ve learned from my theee day :D experience...

I’m guessing “fasting”-type days aren’t most people’s favorite days. All of us humans (fasting or not) can count on being hungry throughout the day, and there’s a couple of options on dealing with it (oinking out on bad food being the least ideal).

Luckily with the 5:2, you have the option of actually eating! Which is why I’m digging this kind of “fasting”.

Like any kind of healthy eating, food prep is key...which entails shopping, planning, money, and time :| , but I’m pretty sure it’s necessary...

If you have it planned out, and actually have the right food accessible on these days, it’s not so bad. If you don’t, you could get to work, be starved by noon and end up using your calories on junk Bc you only have access to a vending machine...

I was actually SUPER surprised about how MUCH food 500 calories can potentially allow you to have...
    Its no secret that you gotta fill your diet with veggies and stick to filling good fats, protein and fiber.

Another piece of advice is to put the food you have already planned to eat the next day in your food diary the night before.
    Anyway, I’m not an expert and don’t want to bore you with my menu for today, so I’ll leave it to the websites. Examples of 5:2 meal plans (the 500 cal meals are super informative):

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/food/5-2-diet-meal-plans-what-to-eat-for-500-calorie-fast-days-108045

https://www.getthegloss.com/article/10-days-of-meal-ideas-for-5-2-fasting-days

PS. Funny, after the 15 minutes it took to write this, I’m not super hungry anymore. Lol.
    Keep Calm and Hungry On. Lol. Good Luck!
    -V
  • cjsoms
    cjsoms Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh cool! Glad to see this post......I've never thought to even check the MFP boards until now. I have been doing 5:2 since June of last year. I started off at 138 pounds (I'm 5'4) and I have been able to maintain around 125-128 lbs. I love the freedom of this plan. I currently fast on Mondays and Wednesdays.
  • stephalexnic_14
    stephalexnic_14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Currently doing 16:8 and starving all the time
  • zandy2
    zandy2 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Glad I found this! Started on March 19th and currently fast on Mondays and Thursdays. This week was not good because I was on vacation and slacking. I like the plan so far but need to be logging my calories and sticking to this and an exercise plan. Hopefully this group will grow here as well and a great supportive network of people with the same goals. Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • fattyjolynn
    fattyjolynn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, are you guys interested in creating a telegram group for support
  • vikitiki
    vikitiki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - thought I'd join you as I started 5:2 today for the second time. I did it a couple of years ago and really got into the groove, got to a healthy weight and found that my appetite was suppressed on non-fast days. I gradually got out of the habit of doing the fast days and maintained for a while but slowly and surely the weight has crept back on and I now find myself with 40lbs to lose. This time round, I have an extra motivation, I'm getting married in just under a year so really hoping I can get back into it and succeed.
    I will typically be fasting on Monday's & Thursday's but this week I'm doing Wednesday/Friday.
  • flitabout38
    flitabout38 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    With all of the hungry comments is anybody doing this with keto? I fast for days and rarely notice that I haven't eaten.
  • debbierogersuk7460
    debbierogersuk7460 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm fairly new to this as well but have been pleasantly surprised how well its going. I'm just starting week 3 and I have lost 3 inches of my belly which pleases me no end!! I have a total of about 25-30 kgs to lose and for the first time in forever I actually feel its possible and I will get there !

I do 2 500 cal FD , and only count one NFD a week, just to make sure I'm staying within my TDEE. I never count on weekends because....gin :)