5'4, F, runners share their diaries?

Options
melluc2
melluc2 Posts: 92 Member
Hey! I just want to get an idea of what women about my age, weight and height and activity level eats on a daily basis to lose weight or maintain in calories and macros if you have time. :)

5'4, 25 - 30, 140
Run: 2-3x a week (about 15km per week)
Weights, heavy: 1 to 2 x a week (when able)
Body weight exercise: 2x a week

Currently I'm trying to lose about 10lbs with a 20% reduction in cal:
Cal: 1348
Fat: 103
Protein: 80
Net carb: 25

Also any suggestions would be welcomed! Been at this for a year and stalling with some weight gain. But I've been slacking in eating all my fat, so I adjusted in focusing on that daily.

Replies

• Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    We're pretty similar! I'm just older. :-(

I am 5'4, 44, 137 lbs with a goal weight of 135 (already lost 8)
    Run: 3 actual outdoors runs, between 3-6 miles, and I also do Orange Theory which is running, rowing and weights, 2x a week. Sometimes also spin

I'm eating about 300 calories less per day than when I was maintaining/slowly creeping up in weight

Cal: 1300-1400 average (1340 goal on MFP and I usually am pretty close to that)
    Macros:
    Carbs: 10%
    Fat: 65%
    Protein: 25%

HOWEVER, I usually exceed protein goals and don't hit fat. It has not impacted my loss, but occasionally I get digestive issues if I don't get closer to the fat goal.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Options
    Also, my diary is open. Feel free to add me!
  • melluc2
    Options

Run: 3 actual outdoors runs, between 3-6 miles, and I also do Orange Theory which is running, rowing and weights, 2x a week. Sometimes also spin

I'm eating about 300 calories less per day than when I was maintaining/slowly creeping up in weight

Macros:

HOWEVER, I usually exceed protein goals and don't hit fat. It has not impacted my loss, but occasionally I get digestive issues if I don't get closer to the fat goal.

Our percentages are the same too! I'm hoping to get out of this stall. Argh.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Options
    melluc2 wrote: »

Macros:

How long has your stall been? I had one week where I gained back a pound then lost again. Also, the lighter you are, the weight can stick around a little longer. I'm not expecting my last few to come off quickly!
  • melluc2
    Options
    melluc2 wrote: »

Macros:

How long has your stall been? I had one week where I gained back a pound then lost again. Also, the lighter you are, the weight can stick around a little longer. I'm not expecting my last few to come off quickly!

5 months. Then the last 3 I've slowly gained. Yeah, I wasn't concerned at first bc of my increased activity, but after I started gaining (7lbs) I became concerned.

I'm hoping to figure out what's wrong and fix it. Right now I'm making sure I eat my fat and keep my protein where it should be and back to measuring cream and not eating pb.

So many different things could be at play and I've heard so many things. The hardest one to wrap my head around is increasing calories. If I'm gaining weight now, wouldn't that just make me gain weight faster?
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Options
    I’m not sure why you would increase calories? I could see decreasing carbs slightly and eating more fat instead, but not eating more to lose weight? If running makes you “rungry” maybe try a different type of cardio occasionally? Agree that measuring is really important! I’m still in that honeymoon phase and my food scale battery is low!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’2”, 44 Years old and am maintaining between 120-125 lbs. My macros are set to the same level as yours. My calorie goal is 1200 per day but I do some type of strength or HIIT training most mornings, walk my dogs a mile or two in the afternoons and try to run about 4 days a week between 2-3.5 Miles per run. That drives up the calories I can consume, of which I do eat most back.

I’ve regained over the last month due to some carb cheats and am finding I want to snack more often. I’m experimenting with having more protein to see if that helps me drop the few pounds I’ve added. Feel free to add me to see my diary. I’ve been doing keto/low carb since October but lost 30 pounds over the last year by “watching” carbs/counting calories but not tracking macros.