I'm Out

Options
rachso
rachso Posts: 174 Member
I'm out of this challenge because I have jacked up my knee. Er Dr said she is 90% sure I have torn my meniscus but we wnt know for sure til an MRI can be performed as that doesnt show on Xrays. I am out of commission for a MINIMUM of 3 weeks (more if surgery is required). In the meantime i am in a knee immobilizer and am instructed to put as little weigh as possible on it. Physical therapy will be performed no matter what to get full range of motion back in my knee, but that wnt be started til the MRI is done and they see the extent of the damage and decide if surgery is needed. If the MRI shows no tear that would be awesome, but still puts me at a ligament sprain and still needed PT..that would be the 3 week mark if MRI can be done this week. Anyways, that puts me out of this cause I literally can not do her exercise (or any others) for the next few weeks.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Replies

• wanttolose62
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. I have problems with my knees as well. I have to really concentrate on doing the movements in the correct form. If I try to concentrate on anything else, my knees and ankles let me know to focus.

Hope you don't have to have surgery. Take it easy and follow the doctor's orders.
  • altaroxy
    altaroxy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your knee. I have been wearing a knee brace for the past week while doing the challenge. I hope you are able to heal quickly.
  • doronajay
    doronajay Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am sorry about your injury. Take care of yourself and get lots of good rest.