Active April 2018 Challenge: Week 1 (4/1-4/7)

Options

Replies

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I tried improving NEAT and wore myself out. Besides skipping the elevators at work and parking farther away, I also choose to use the restrooms two floors down. I ended the day with 20 flights of stairs under my belt and 17k steps ( that included a short run and a dog walk). Today is much the same so we’ll see how long I last!
  • ni1972
    ni1972 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get back on my treadmill daily and 4 days of weight training per week. I've let RA keep me sedentary for too long! I may not get 20,000 steps per day at first but that's my goal by the end of the month!
  • LNSug30
    LNSug30 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I want to hit my sleep goal at least 3x a week! I just received ketosis strips and a Keto book to read over..starting tomorrow! I want to kick Sugar to the Curb!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    On target so far this week:
    45 min Spin class on Mon
    Walking at lunch today
    Will do spin tomorrow, strength on Fri, elliptical Sat and bowling Sunday

Read the NEAT info-loving the laundry in several trips idea. Started wearing my fitbit again yesterday to get a baseline of steps for a non workout day-4000ish. Plenty of time and room to add to that.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Listened to my Fitbit Nag throughout the day and got up and walked around yesterday. Got a 1.5hr yard hike outside in glorious weather. Ended up with over 14k steps.
    Today is yucky. And strength, so there will be less steps but I'm determined to at least get 6k steps in through NEAT.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Workout 2
    Squats - 5x5 @ 40 lbs
    Overhead press - 1x5 @ 50 lbs, 4x5 @ 40 lbs
    Pulldown - wide grip 4x5 @ 80 lbs, narrow grip 1x5 @ 85 lbs
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Checking in to pledge my commitment to MOVE MY *kitten* in APRIL!

Now that the snow has ceased and the weather is warmer, I plan on doing:

- heavy lifting at least 3 times per week (baby steps)
    - sprinting at least 2 times per week
    - meditation (moving my mind) daily

Other goals:
    - Eat Keto daily
    - IF 18:6
    - drink min 2 liters of water daily
    - minerals & supplements daily
  • taylok23
    Options
    Yesterday I got in 14k steps including a 25 minute jog, Parking farther from entrances and climbing 19 floors either walking at work or hitting a restroom on a different floor. I’m going to implement this at home too since I have a split level. Two days down!
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing! I need to get off my tushie a lot more. March went well for keeping it simple and focusing on keto, and I'm still on the keto train for April. I would like to add moving at least twice a day, and NEAT throughout the day. Stand more at my desk, get off the couch, quit surfing at my computer, etc.

I have been waiting for the weather to get better to go for a short walk in the mornings. As the weather isn't cooperating, I'll just have to suck it up. For each week I want to Jog 1-2 days, BodyPump 2 days, BodyFlow 2 days, and one day riding. We have a lot of chores planned on weekends this month, so that should be NEAT ;)

4/3
    plan it :)
    log it :)
    eat it :| I stayed under carbs, but ate more than planned out of stress/boredom/stupidity
    move it :( I had time to work out but didn't
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Supplements plan is going well.... still taking what I need to when I need to. <3
    BUT, cheap chocolate sale rabbits, and home made crabapple jelly should NOT be on my foodplan. :/
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    25 min walk at lunch yesterday brought me to 6200 steps for the day. Lots of NEAT opportunities this week with 5 more loads of laundry to do and I have stairs :)

Looking forward to spin tonight!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    low heart rate + hills level 2 = 15:44/mile

• baconslave
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Got 5800 steps yesterday on a strength day. A couple things interfered with me getting those last 200 steps to reach my goal but I obeyed the Nagbit when it buzzed me all day. I was as inefficient as all hell. :wink: I had some extra fatigue and achiness yesterday though which slowed me down. Sjogren's is stupid.
    And my youngest is being a devil lately. Uncooperative isn't strong enough a word.

Anyway, it should be nice enough for me to stretch my legs outside a bit today. I'll do a PiYo workout to get a little bit of fatigue in the arms, and then stomp around outside. It's not going to be the warmest (55ish for the high) but I have a jacket. :smirk: The kids need to be thrown and locked outside. >:)

Tomorrow is dumbbell day.
  • taylok23
    Options
    Yesterday I got about 8600 steps with no dog walking or running and 20 flights of stairs. I also parked farther from buildings when I was out and about. I’d love to be able to hit 10k steps without exercise so that is what I’ll shoot for all month to improve NEAT.
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    4/4

plan it :)
    log it :)
    eat it :)
    move it :) went to Bodyflow and took a long walk with the dog.

I did great, but its getting harder to keep my motivation going. I don't think I'll hit my end of April goal (I started a bit behind from March) so I need to reevaluate what IS possible and reset my mind and motivation.
  • can111
    can111 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    "Active April" ... Love it!
    My week one goal (since it is already 4/5, really this is a two day goal, but that is ok, i gotta start somewhere!!!!)
    1. Record faithfully
    2. Exercise 30 minutes today and tomorrow.
  • ChefBlueEyes
    ChefBlueEyes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    “Active April” this is great
  • taylok23
    Options
    Yesterday’s stats:
    Park farther from the building - check
    Improve NEAT through more steps- check- got 10k in before any exercise and 20 flights of stairs

I’m not seeing a difference on the scale this week by being more active but I maintained so I’ll take it!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Got over 11k steps yesterday. Not a lot of time today, and it's strength so I'm shooting for 6k. It's mad today. Sigh...
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I've not been focused on moving my body as intended. Income producing activity has take priority the last 3 days. That's always a good thing though in that it takes my mind off food! :)
This discussion has been closed.