Fitbit Sync with Myfitnesspal

Options
VeVeJustme
VeVeJustme Posts: 4 Member
Is anyone else having issues with their Fitbit Steps and Activity syncing to Myfitnesspal?

Replies

• elaine353535
    elaine353535 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My steps aren't showing up. This started yesterday for me.
  • KaySoldano
    KaySoldano Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Thank goodness...yes, having same problem. Fitbit is receiving info from MyFitnessPal (i.e. I logged my foods/exercise and that data shows in Fitbit), but my steps are not showing in MyFitnessPal. Have followed instructions twice so far completely disconnecting on phone and on the computer app, it syncs one time and then no more. Very frustrating! Seemed to start yesterday.
  • rycroftm
    rycroftm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same issues here, about 2 or 3 days ago, my Fitbit app stopped updating MyFitnessPal app. I have tried everything recommended and so far as of now, it will still not update Very frustrating!
  • Berean777
    Berean777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had to disconnect Fitbit on the My Fitness Pal website and then reconnect. It appears to be updating my steps on My Fitness Pal now. Possibly related to changing your My Fitness Pal password due to the data breach.
  • barefoot_kevin
    barefoot_kevin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thought it was just me.
  • alforehandhughes
    alforehandhughes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also can’t get mine to work. I’ve reconnected Bluetooth and connection multiple times. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the MFP app several times. I can’t get it to work. Has anyone found a solution?
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I am gonna tell you what I did. I found another app the syncs with Fitbit and MFP. It is called PACER. I used this app to sync with my fitbit then changed my step counter on MFP to the Pacer app and I seem to now be getting steps counted as well as calories counted. Kind of a pain, but it is a way around it that does not cost anything, but your time and trouble.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    The reason is they are doing maintenance and have yet to get it back to syncing with fitbit
  • SoleilxStitch
    SoleilxStitch Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yes I had to to disconnect it through desktop and reconnect it, now its fine.
  • Alf7625
    Alf7625 Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Seems to me that the sync stopped as soon as we got the security data breach notification.
    I reset my password, and disconnected and reconnected my fitbit app.
    Still not working.
    My guess is that since the Data Breach, fitbit has stopped sending over any sync'ed data.

• Lets_taco_bout_it
    Lets_taco_bout_it Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So glad it’s not just me and yes I agree that it seems to have started after the breech notice went out yesterday.
  • Alf7625
    Alf7625 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I tried the fitbit connection on the web again using the Apps tab.
    This time it worked.
    Sync'ing now.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Alf7625 wrote: »
    I tried the fitbit connection on the web again using the Apps tab.
    This time it worked.
    Sync'ing now.

Yes, it will work temporarily. Then go back to not working.

Eliza posted this link above

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2931708-fitbit-scheduled-maintenance-on-3-30-18
  • pattyhouse1970
    pattyhouse1970 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mine stopped syncing Saturday. I've deleted the app, reinstalled it. disconnected my fitbit from my account here, still nothing.
    I need to read the security breach thing. I use my facebook account to login. I'm gonna hate it if I need to change that password, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Mine stopped syncing Saturday. I've deleted the app, reinstalled it. disconnected my fitbit from my account here, still nothing.
    I need to read the security breach thing. I use my facebook account to login. I'm gonna hate it if I need to change that password, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to...

MFP has specifically asked people not to delete and reinstall. It's a known issue and you won't be able to fix it yourself by attempting to reconnect.
  • tmstanzoni
    tmstanzoni Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes and it is driving me absolutely insane!
  • tam8me
    tam8me Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    same here and its driving me bonkers... GRRRR
  • kochmius
    kochmius Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same...seems to have started with the data breach and/or change of password
  • kerry577
    kerry577 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am so pleased I am not the only one. Totally agree its happened since the data breach, yes i also changed my password as recommended. Now I have read this post i will stop reinstalling and hope they fix soon as my net calories are looking so bad.