Ketone Urine sticks

Options
xosummerrainxo
xosummerrainxo Posts: 112 Member
For those of you that use these Ketone urine sticks what brand do you find is reliable? Tried to order one online and it didn’t work. Trying to find a brand that is cheaper than the original one I bought and unfortunately they don’t all seem to work accurately thank you

Replies

• Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    The cheap one on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J9LOP4M/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I only get a positive read out at night when I am dehydrated, so I now only take the test if I didn't manage to get in my water intake. I think they are all pretty bad and really just use it as a sanity check every now and then to make sure I am still seeing those darker colors. (I don't deliberately dehydrate myself for the test!)

• KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I buy mine at Walmart for about the same price as Amazon. I also use small sharp scissors to cut them lengthwise so that I can double how many are in the package. I hate spending money on something I am going to pee on and throw away.
  • stevejill91
    stevejill91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I believe they are inaccurate because for them to register you have to have excess ketones in the urin. You can be is ketosis and not register anything. I use a glucose meter. If my blood glucose in 85+- or less, usually 70-80 then I should be in ketosis. Also if you not careful excessive workouts can raise glucose in the blood therefore keep the workouts mild to moderate for weight loss. walking or light stuff is perfect ( for weight loss). best thing it keep carbs down look for hidden carbs and trust the science.
  • xosummerrainxo
    xosummerrainxo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yeah I understand how much water you have in your system will affect it. I was just saying that I unfortunately bought a cheaper one online and got duped because they weren’t reading accurately. I bought other ones prior that were double and triple the amount and they worked perfectly. In fact after I checked the ones online and they were registering at all, I checked with exact same time the other brand and It worked perfectly. So I was just asking what ketone urine stick brands people used
  • ClayBengal
    ClayBengal Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Not really needed.