April 2018 challenge

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
Anyone up for a self challenge this month?

I will be working on getting my average steps back up to 10 K still. Had a few bad weather days, so 8277 ended up being my 28 day average.

I am also going to try cutting out dairy except for goat cheese and butter. Neither have ever seemed to bother me, but too much cheese can cause weight gain, bloating, constipation, etc. issues. So want to rein in my consumption of it.

Replies

• CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I had gotten addicted to pita chips and Maria cookies, so I stopped buying them.

I was having 3-4 cookies as a snack with my coffee in the afternoon but that's like 180 calories so.. buh bye.

• shellzbellz
    shellzbellz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love cheese too but have been cutting down in a very serious way lately, although I picked up a little habit of enjoying semi sweet chocolate chips...yum...1T = 79 calories...ok...but 4T a night? I guess that luxurious sweet melting chocolate in my mouth was too addictive and I couldn’t stop at 1T, so the big commercial bag from GFS is finally gone and it’s not being replaced. That’s my challenge for this month to not eat chocolate since I can’t seem to control it. But I’m not giving up my wine!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    @shellzbellz, I don't stop wine, I cut back on how much I allow myself, but it stays. I have found 1 oz of wine with 3-4 oz of La Croix sparkling waters to be a way to cut back without feeling deprived. I use lemon flavor with white wines, and lime flavored with reds. Really refreshing too.

I have only slipped up 3 times, with small amounts of dairy in recipes, just forgot it was in those. I am really not seeing any changes so far from cutting the cheese out. I might just drop the challenge, since I don't see any benefits to it, just stressed me out when I realized I was having things with dairy in them.

I have messed myself by forgetting my Fitbit two days so far this month. I am usually so good, I might make it down the stairs without it, but twice this week it was midday out of the house before I realized I didn't have it on my wrist. So my averages are way off now. I am going to pretend this is the start of the month and go from here. So this is what I have to do on:

28 day average 7914 (says that is 15% more than the previous 28 day period)
    7 day average 7049
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Cold winds, snow/rain days are driving my average down not up. I have to start using the dvds/youtube videos to up my game this month.

I dropped out of the dairy challenge was not experiencing any good effects, and it is hard to avoid all dairy when doing keto/lchf. Dairy really doesn't seem to be a problem in fact, I have noticed that having a little helps my efforts, yogurt is my friend when trying to weight loss.
  • sudofarr
    sudofarr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would have a terrible time giving up yogurt! My go-to lunch or breakfast when I am pressed for time is plain non-fat greek yogurt with fresh fruit, 2 tablespoons of walnuts, cinnamon, and a teaspoon of honey. It keeps me going for hours!! (And I agree that the weather in April has been awful but today was lovely! Long hike with lots of sunshine!)
  • retirehappy
    Options
    sudofarr, I do something similar to yours, I use stevia that is caramel flavored instead of honey. Love it.