hello

DCustard67
DCustard67 Posts: 6 Member
My name is David. I'm 50 yo with Lymphedema in my legs. I wear wraps everyday and really try to keep my sodium at 2000mg per day. I made quite a bit of my own food, ketchup, bbq sauce, simple dressings because of all the sodium in store bought products. If your interested there is a website for a company here in Minnesota that sells all sorts of low salt products. It's called the Healthy Heart Market. I'm a pickle freak so they have a selection of low salt pickles. ( thank goodness!) Anyway hope to hear from you! Have a great day!

Replies

• michellenoel1
    michellenoel1 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi David and welcome! I also have edema in my lower legs and feet. It's been very uncomfortable. I'm on a self-imposed restriction of 1200 mg a day. After the first week I had lost 6 lb! My legs and feet felt so much better. I'm finding it very easy to stay under 1200 a day by eating primarily whole foods. Sometimes I even choose to have favorite salty food. Yesterday I had some Ruffles simply salt potato chips. One serving has 160 mg of salt. That fit into my day quite easily. Thank you for the tips on the low sodium products. I'm enjoying using mrs. Dash seasonings. I really like the table seasoning that replaces having salt at the table. I hope you have a wonderful day too!
  • BuellerFerrisBueller
    BuellerFerrisBueller Posts: 35 Member
    David, I live in St. Paul, MN.

When you go out to eat, how do you avoid the sodium bombs? I've looked at the nutritional information of some restaurants. It's hard to eat a whole meal with under 1000 mg of sodium.