New to group and Keto

Options
Hi everyone! I'm new to keto currently in my first week (day 4.) So far I have been doing very well sticking to high fat, low carbs. I have around 55 lbs to lose and would love some friends to turn to and share meals, tips, and any random thoughts. I do not have a social circle where I live beside husband even after 4 years. Making friends as an adult is hard! Anyway, look forward to hearing from anyone who'd like to add me and help me on my keto journey.

Replies

• CarolynRSB
    CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Almost six weeks in myself, and feeling good overall, though I haven't lost as much as others seem to on keto (my body collects pounds like trading cards, and hangs on to them for dear life). I'm 9.5 down, with 30.5 to go.
  • suzthemuse
    suzthemuse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm getting restarted on keto after losing 25lbs a few years ago. Long story short, life got crazy, I stopped taking care of myself, and I regained the weight plus about 5-8lbs. I am now back and re-committed to lose the 25 plus another 25-30 more.

I'm doing things a bit differently this time - last time I didn't track calories, and only weighed myself about every 3-5 months. At the time I thought it would help me to simply focus on eating keto and not geting caught up with the numbers, mostly to avoid obsessing about calories and the number on the scale. Prior to this I had always been a calorie counter so I had all this mental noise about depravation at certain calorie limits because on a high-carb low fat diet I was so hungry all the time. It was good for me to sort of block that out and focus on the basics but I think I lacked some accountability with myself, and that made it really easy for me to veer off course without realizing how much I was eating and gaining.

So this time around, in the interest of accountability, I plan to do things a bit differently. I plan to weigh myself everyday and to aim for 20-50 carbs and 1200-1500 calories. Why count calories? Because although reducing carbs will naturally decrease my appetite perhaps to the point that I would not overeat anyway - for me, calories still count when it comes to weight loss. I wish they didn't, but at my age and weight and activity level, they do.

Anyway, sorry for the long ramble! Please feel free to add me! I look forward to seeing you all around! :)
  • mydogisthebestdogever
    mydogisthebestdogever Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend-anyone. Yesterday was my first day of Keto. I'm still counting calories, to not go over 1500 a day. Keeping carbs lower between 20 and 25 grams a day. I'm a 43 yr.old woman with 52 lbs.to lose . I have no gall bladder so the keto diet is wreacking havoc in the bathroom already so I hope that goes away.