Not trying to lose weight, however...

Options
HappyKat5
HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
edited April 2018 in Social Groups
I like the accountability to be in a group with a positive group of people. I actually need to stay around the same weight that am due to medical issues. I have hovered around the same weight for the last 6 months and my doctor is pleased...but I want to tone up big time. Would it be okay to focus on other goals/challenges within the group, but not focus on weight loss for myself? I plan on showing progress by tightening up. My weight will most likely stay the same.

Replies

• spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    There's a few folks here who are working to maintain so you would be in good company.
  • HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    HappyKat5 wrote: »
    I like the accountability to be in a group with a positive group of people. I actually need to stay around the same weight that am due to medical issues. I have hovered around the same weight for the last 6 months and my doctor is pleased...but I want to tone up big time. Would it be okay to focus on other goals/challenges within the group, but not focus on weight loss for myself? I plan on showing progress by tightening up. My weight will most likely stay the same.

A shout out to all of our maintenance ladies!!! There are several in our group who are at a maintenance level. As members of the group you help us all move forward with our goals by showing that once the weight comes off, we can keep it off. Congratulations on meeting your goals and being an inspiration to others.

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options

I’m currently in maintenance; it’s quite alright for you to be there as well.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I am in maintenance as well and working on fitness/muscle tone goals.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options

Great goal. I’m ok with my current weight although I want to have less fat and more strength. So I chose to maintain my current weight for this challenge. If I drop some weight that would be great, I’d love to sit at 125 lbs, but the pressure of being in a deficit especially while trying to get stronger was sabotaging my efforts. So my goal is maintenance but allowing my body to lose if it wants to.

What kinds of strength training do you do?
This discussion has been closed.