New and looking for tips and support

Options
IsabeausRose
IsabeausRose Posts: 129 Member
edited April 2018 in Social Groups
Hello all. I’ve been reading some of the articles here and have found the information very helpful. I recently lost 70 pounds and was under control the entire year but was recently put on a drug that causes my appetite to be out of control and gained 7 pounds back. I was put on another drug to manage and counteract the side effects since I can’t go off it and it is helping a bit but it’s not yet at a high enough dose until I see the doctor again in two weeks. My weight has gone up and down but it’s down a total of 3 pounds lost from an original 10 pound gain. I never knew why I binged. I don’t think it’s for any emotional reason the cravings are just so intense and then when I start and go over my calories for the day I tell myself “well I’ve blown it I may as well keep eating” and give up on trying to stop myself or control it. What I need advice and tips on is when I feel the need to binge how do I stop it before it starts? What do I tell myself. And if I have started and just started to go over my daily calorie limit how do I stop myself then and change my mindset that I ruined it totally for the day and might as well keep eating.