Idea's for meals

Options
KyKyPS
KyKyPS Posts: 7 Member
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone would like to post your go-to meal ideas or recipes? Something other than grilled chicken and salad?

I am just starting to reduce my calorie intake to approx 1000 after my weight ballooned with peri-menopause and a stupid thyroid.

Replies

• aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Bolognaise made with lean steak mince with courgetti.

A bag of king prawns stir fried with veg, Chinese 5 spice, soy sauce and a little peanut butter, served with courgetti noodles or cauliflower rice.

Chicken sausages with broccoli mash.

Roast chicken with steamed veg, root veg baked fries and a little gravy.

Chilli made with lean mince served with salad and a small portion of rice.

0% Greek yogurt with berries and a drizzle of honey.

Egg muffins (egg with ham and veg chopped in baked in muffin tin in the oven).

Breast of chicken placed on onion, peppers, cherry tomatoes and covered in sundried tomato paste and pasata. 2 or 3 Small potatoes per person halved, sprayed in oil and placed around the chicken/veg. Baked in oven for around 25 mins (produces a lovely sauce to eat with it).

3 egg omelette with ham and veg, served with salad.

Baked apples with honey and nuts, served with 0% Greek yogurt

• dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I try to use really nutrient dense foods. For breakfasts I have:
    Raw liver which is the most nutrient dense food. Clams- which are high in iron.
    Whole eggs with the shell which have a bunch of calcium and other nutrients.
    Greens which add a bunch of other nutrients
    Red peppers for vitamin c

This gives me my whole days iron, vitamin a, vitamin c, and calcium. It probably gives me other nutrients that MfP doesn’t track.

When you’re eating so few calories you really have to be cognizant about the micronutrients you eat.
  • dk6boys
    dk6boys Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love to snack on boiled eggs, bowl of veggies no dip, lunchmeat with a half ounce of sharp cheddar, 6 almonds with coffee and cream, salad with garbanzo beans and a little rice, maybe add canned chicken if I don't have fresh. Greek yogurt plain with slivered almonds.... Hmm I will think of some more.
  • lazirlott
    lazirlott Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I ate under 1000 successfully a year or two ago and am just beginning to get back into it. Some things that helped me are:

- to drink only water all day so there are no calories from drink - then if you have calories available at the end of the day, you can have a caloric drink
    - skip breakfast
    - focus on a small but filling lunch, something like a tuna packet/lunch meat/grilled or baked meat along with fruit/vegetable
    - we have an evening family dinner, that is not necessarily diet minded, therefore I adjust my portions based on the calories I have remaining that day