Knee replaced!

Options
krythie
krythie Posts: 84 Member
I am back on my fitness pal after a long hiatus. I finally had my knee replaced a year and a half ago, after it completely blew and I couldn't walk without a walker. It was a long scary recovery, but now the best thing I do is walk! The muscles around the artificial knee get sore sometimes, but I have to work on losing weight and motivating myself to exercise more, to get myself stronger. I lost a lot of weight and exercised getting ready for my surgery and during physical therapy. However as I started feeling better and went back to work, I got lazy. I gained about 15 lbs and I stopped doing my strengthening and core exercises. I do continue to walk the dog for about 60 minutes a day. Otherwise I'd really be in trouble. Oh by the way...I have severe arthritis in my other knee, my back and my shoulder. I get so exhausted by pain sometimes. How about a whole body replacement! LOL

Replies

• DifferentView
    DifferentView Posts: 17,416 Member
    Options
    I am having mine replaced next week. I have lost about 40 lbs, waiting for it, and I am concerned about gaining it back. And yes, I could use a whole body replacement too!
  • krythie
    krythie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey there Different View...How did the knee replacement go?