Hello!

Options
dalynnrmc
dalynnrmc Posts: 29 Member
New to group and app. I’m 38, mom to 5, night owl. Was diagnosed with fibro about 2 years ago, though I’d known for a long time before that. I was recently diagnosed as diabetic as well.

Fatigue is one of my most major symptoms and with extremely high blood pressure to boot, exercise just is super hard to figure out! Even spending 2 hours at the grocery store wipes me out.

I want to walk more often, but I’m a social creature and s night owl so it’s hard to get motivated.
I want to learn about weight lifting and strength building exercise.
I have strong spiritual exceptions to yoga but have done some Pilates and would like to learn and do more.

Most of my exercise these days honestly comes from a good day when I feel like getting more housework done!! I need to be consistent and get SOME activity in each day.

Need to either find my old Fitbit or buy another.

Thanks for having me! I’m really in need of some like-minded and understanding friends right now. ❤️

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Sorry, didn't catch this post (probably MFP's fault, lol). Welcome, I know we're already friends on MFP! Just didn't want you to feel 'ignored.' :*
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the exhaustion of grocery shopping. I'm worthless the rest of the day. You say that you have strong spiritual exceptions to yoga. I know a lot of studios emphasize the spiritual, but there are a lot of groups around that don't touch the spiritual aspect and just focus on the poses. When I lived in VA, I took yoga at our county recreation and fitness center. I found it helped my stress, but there were never any spiritual aspects. So if you ever wanted to try it as exercise, check for public venues that offer it. People recommend swimming to me, but I can't even think about putting on a bathing suit and being in public. B)