The Power of Yogurt

Options
odbfpfw7kk2s.jpg

What it actually is and it's origin!!??
Yogurt, which is an North American name, actually called as curd or dahi. Now most of us know that we are talking about Yogurt, where it comes from,it basically comes from milk, so it is a part of dairy family. Many of us consumes it many times a day, probably morning, afternoon and evening, So let's talk and demystify when and how it should be taken for maximum benefits.

By the way when generally talk about Yogurt, there n number of health benefits. Primarily as you all know it is a dairy product, it's main jewel is CALCIUM, B2 and B12. These are those precious elements in mineral and vitamin family that they are placed at the top in hierarchy as you all know from childhood you have been learning that "East or West Calcium is the best" when it comes to the health of your bones.

You will be amazed to know that your daily requirement of calcium is around 800-1000 mgs, and you cover almost 30% of it by your 1 yogurt serving.

It's Composition..

Now the question arises that what actually yogurt comprises of. It's main component is Casein Protein which covers 75-80% of it's composition followed by 15-20% of Whey protein.

When it comes to Casein, it means it is a slow digesting protein, our digestive system does not digest casein at an alarming rate, it takes time. Many of us have a problem of Lactose intolerance, so are often advised to stay away from dairy products, but i would love to tell those, that even if you have Lactose intolerance you can consume Yogurt without any hesitation or prescription, reason being it has a very less amount of Lactose present in it.

What makes it good for people having Lactose intolerance, answer is Pro-Biotic, due Pro-Biotic presence it makes digestion process smooth, effective and much more faster. For those who don't know what Pro-Biotic is, it is a Gut Bacteria, it is a good bacteria that is present in your digestive tract that helps in digestion. When ever we has deficiency of this bacteria in our gut, then we face problems like in-digestion, constipation etc.. Digestion issue simply means that whatever you are consuming is not getting digested at it's full capacity or at slower rate than an average person... What that means, it simply means you have lack of good bacteria, your body must have good and bad bacteria which is very important!

Most Frequently during winters people suffer from Winter Infection which causes a deficit of Pro-Biotic. In that case you can have 2 to 3 servings of Yogurt in order to elevate in quantity of good bacteria for proper digestion. It also stabilizes your blood pressure, people those who have problems of blood pressure can also have yogurt to rest their BP problems. No, I am not talking about garnishing yogurt by adding sugar and several other eatable items in it, I am talking about plain yogurt, which has it's natural sour taste.

Now most importantly my motive of writing this post is for Women, they have a very common problem named as Vaginal infection, especially those having Diabetes. Many women have this problem, statistics shows that approximately 1 out 3 women have this problem. So what are you gonna do, go for tedious and long process of Medications, i suggest why not start consuming yogurt, it will help you get rid of vaginal infection naturally. If you have dairy sensitivity or allergy then you can definitely see a doctor, but if you don't then it is an infinity stone for you, it will definitely cure you problem naturally.

Like I said before maximum composition of it is Casein, so it keeps you full, as you already know that Casein is a slow digestive protein, it doesn't digest fast, but it helps in the absorption of important minerals like, Calcium and Phosphorous.

It has tones of other benefits, it is one of the dairy product that has very few side-effects, but for people who have allergy from dairy products, as lots of people have allergy these days, in that it is not advisable to use Yogurt, else it is always a thumbs up when it comes to Casein.

How much??

Now let's clarify how much quantity is ideal for serving. Talking about is macros, if you take 100 gms, it has 4 gm of protein, .5 gm of fat, now this Yogurt i am talking about is whole yogurt which generally is prepared in homes, when fat milk is further processed to make it. It's not fat free Yogurt.

Secondly, Low fat yogurt, it has same macros, the only difference is fat is reduced to .2 gms and then comes No fat Yogurt which has almost 0% of fat in it.

Now if you have a habit of taking 2 to 3 servings (250 gms) a day, then it is strongly suggested that you have No fat Yogurt,
If you take only 1 serving per day then it is advisable to go for Whole Yogurt.

Question arises why suggesting Low or No fat yogurt, let me clarify. In Whole Yogurt it consists of almost 60% of saturated fat and rest 35 to 40% is mono, poly fat which are good fat, So in order to keep in check for the level of saturated fat, Low or No fat Yogurt is suggested.

If you are vegetarian, you don't have many option source of protein then you must take Low or No fat Yogurt 2 to 3 times a day, it can easily fulfill your protein requirement.
It can even help you in curing Diarrhea and Constipation.

So Yogurt can be called as the Ace of consumable items, because of it's numerous benefits and 0.0009% side-effects. It's main role is Gut cleaning and keep your digestive tract sound and healthy. My personal advise, it is better to have yogurt made from cow milk, as it contains more benefits (like it is said Gunnkari) than regular milk...

For similar updates and information hit at,
Nishad Health & Fitness..
himanshunishadblog.wordpress.com

Replies

• andrewohlwiler
    andrewohlwiler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I got a crock pot pressure that it says I can make yogurt. I have done I but what you think about doing yogurt this way versus the store?
  • BohannonK
    BohannonK Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have made yogurt this way too. My unprofessional opinion is I think it’s better for you because you know exactly what is in it. And if you use a good quality organic milk then even better. Again, I work in a library I’m not a medical or nutrition professional.