April 16 Weekly Challenge: Random Acts of Kindness

Options
2»

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    In a coffee shop today, there was a mom sitting in a chair at a table with an infant in a large stroller next to her. As I walked towards the exit, a baby bottle plummeted to the ground & started spouting a steady stream of milk. The mom was trying to maneuver out between the table & the chair when I remembered this challenge and ducked down to retrieve the bottle. I said a cheerful “I got it!” as I scampered to get some napkins to clean the milk on the floor. Really felt great!

Nice! It’s a great feeling to step in and help someone whose hands are full and just needs an assist. Well done!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I asked Jonny yesterday what is act of kindness was. His response was " I let Kareem cut in line for the bathroom break before recess because...Nana..he really had to go to the bathroom bad!" LOL

Adorable!! Too darn cute!
  • themedalist
    Options
    OMG @77tes That is amazing! So happy for you!

Yesterday I was the recipient of an act of kindness.

I had a terrible fight with my husband over the phone. I was feeling defeated. Later in the day one of my neighbors texts me a joke meme, I was not feeling it, so I just replied " lol". She noticed right away because I usually reply to jokes with a bunch of emoji's or another funny meme. She texted me this without me asking or telling her what was wrong:

" You are doing an amazing job with your kids, you are a great mom, you kids will appreciate it. I appreciate you, and am so thankful you are across the street from my house. I can really count on you and can talk to you about anything. I love you."

Oh my Lord! This made my day.

Just lovely!
  • themedalist
    Options
    i just joined this group and tend to be a lurker. I was reading posts and was trying to think of something to do for kindness. while at work, I received a phone call:

i spoke with a gentleman today, who asked if it was ok that he ask me something.
    Curious i said "go ahead"
    he said "has anybody told you today "i love you".
    i said nope, "you'd be the first. thank you"

he laughed, he said he likes to say that to people, but with the stuff going on today and the things you see on tv, he was afraid he might offend.

he wanted us to know the we do a tremendous job and we go over and above. he appreciates it and wants to say THANK YOU

before getting off the phone, he said "Hey, has anyone said I love you today?"
    i said "Yes, a very nice gentleman, just a few minutes ago."

As this week is a week to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness, i thought i'd share this, as it might brighten someone else's day

I shared it with my co-workers. I played his kindness forward.

That is just lovely, @OrlisMoonpie688. Thank you for sharing it with us!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,844 Member
    Options
    @OrlisMoonpie688 , great story! This week's challenge reminded me to tell the folks at my dentist's office how much I appreciate their friendliness and warmth. Seriously, they are so nice, they make getting dental work a pleasure (except for the work itself).
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,844 Member
    Options
    OK, not so random act of kindness done.

I work at a university. This is a tough time of year for students. Finals and end of semester reports are looming. And many students are participating in our Undergraduate Research Conference, where they’ll create a poster of their research findings and then present it. Talk about stress!

But there’s a serial RAKer amongst us (one who regularly practices random kind acts) and she left this:

ca7jx0cbcrfr.jpeg

Thoughtful, huh? Apparently, her post-its have been sighted all around campus.

So this morning, I left my own post-it for that thoughtful woman and notes suggesting that everyone who had a rough day or a great day should take a flower.

The weather cooperated too! It’s gray and snowing today. We all need flowers.

9u3bbs9rxown.jpeg

Bonus: the vase was a duplicate and I’ve now re-homed it.

Make it a great day!

Such an awesome gesture, @themedalist! Both the original post it posted and yours. I love that you also re-homed the vase.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    OK, not so random act of kindness done.

I work at a university. This is a tough time of year for students. Finals and end of semester reports are looming. And many students are participating in our Undergraduate Research Conference, where they’ll create a poster of their research findings and then present it. Talk about stress!

But there’s a serial RAKer amongst us (one who regularly practices random kind acts) and she left this:

ca7jx0cbcrfr.jpeg

Thoughtful, huh? Apparently, her post-its have been sighted all around campus.

So this morning, I left my own post-it for that thoughtful woman and notes suggesting that everyone who had a rough day or a great day should take a flower.

The weather cooperated too! It’s gray and snowing today. We all need flowers.

9u3bbs9rxown.jpeg

Bonus: the vase was a duplicate and I’ve now re-homed it.

Make it a great day!

I absolutely LOVE this. Both the original post-it person and yours! What a lovely gesture by both! :smile: