Let's talk sports bras

Options
2»

Replies

• almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    hanlonsk wrote: »
    Brooks (aka moving comfort) jubralee.... best $50 I have ever spent in my running career was when the gal at the running store I went to, the first time I got officially fitted for shoes... made a convincing argument for said, very expensive, very awesome sports bra.... it is high impact, and good for the well endowed... and I had no idea how much of my energy while running was spent trying to tame the Tara’s- they also make a Juno, if you prefer high impact and racer back (apparently I dont).

I am on team moving comfort. Holds in the ladies (C-D) like nothing else.
  • greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Definitely team Panache here. I'm about a 34G currently (down from a 34HH this time last year!) and nearly ready to step down to a 32G. Nothing moves in this bra - I LOVE it. Sometimes the side seams chafe the underside of my arms when I run, but that happens less and less now that I'm a bit more aerodynamic. ;)
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    9g1wohj4sy33.jpg
    This is my solution to doing laundry with those annoying inserts that move around and/or fall out while in the wash. I put a big safety pin through all the layers and toss it in the washer.
    The other thing I found that works is handwashing them in the shower.
  • BayleighPaws
    BayleighPaws Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38D and swear my by lululemon Tata-Tamers. I do crossfit as well, and anything that keeps my boobs from hitting me in the chin while running, but also holds them down during burpees is a winner in my book. I like that it has options to be a regular bra style or a cross back.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    9g1wohj4sy33.jpg
    This is my solution to doing laundry with those annoying inserts that move around and/or fall out while in the wash. I put a big safety pin through all the layers and toss it in the washer.

This is super helpful! I don't have a bra with the padding, but I do have a nighty with inserts and this will be awesome.

I have to say after pitting my Wacoal and Panache boob-to-boob, I prefer the Wacoal. The Panache isn't bad, and I will wear it for shorter runs and other workouts/gym time, but long runs will be in my Wacoal.

This is the Wacoal: https://www.wacoal-america.com/sport-underwire-bra-wacoal-855229-p.html

This is the Panache: https://www.panache-lingerie.com/us/shop/product/sports-full-cup?colour=013
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    9g1wohj4sy33.jpg
    That's brilliant! Not only for bras, but I also have some base layers for skiing that have pad inserts at elbows and knees, and they move around in the washing machine too. Will give the safety pins a try!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Bumping this because it was mentioned over in the challenge thread, and I don't know how to link to it from my phone.

Also with my safety pin idea, lately I've been putting the pins on the inside and not through the outside layer, to keep from putting holes in it that will be visible. Not that a lot of people actually see my sports bra, but anyway...