August Monthly Goals

Options
Use this format which is also stickied in a separate thread in case somehow you lose it:

Monthly Goal
Name:
Date:
Height:
Weight:

SMART Goal for [Pick a Focus - Diet/Fitness/Self]:
S - [Specific]
M - [Measurable]
A - [Attainable]
R - [Relevant]
T - [Time Oriented]
(Remember to reevaluate!)

[Fill out a SMART Goal for whichever goals you plan to have for the month, you might have one for each focus or maybe just one focus for the month. You can put the short 'n' sweet version here but it can be helpful to track your goals in a notebook with the full on, wordy and thoughtful version of the SMART exercise and also track what you think/feel during your reevaluations!]

Sorry it's late, ladies. Worst mod of the year award goes to me.

Replies

• shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    SMART Goal for Diet:
    S - Binge and purge free month. (Going on day 8 right now)
    Sub-Goal: Hit macros 6 out of 7 days each week from mostly whole food sources
    M - Tracking my food on MFP and tracking days without binges or purging.
    A - I am seeing a counselor now which should help with stress management which should help with binging urges... if I don't binge I don't purge. Also doing some self discipline exercises and not letting myself talk and justify my way into out of control eating. Gone are the, "Well you can just puke" responses.
    R - I need to fully recover from having an eating disorder. I want to build a healthy relationship with food and also my self.
    T - This will be for the month of August, trying to have a better focus, not so long term and also not so immediate. A week or a month at a time.

SMART Goal for Fitness:
    S - Back to basics. Lifting 4 times a week, running 3 times a week (2 short runs and 1 long run on the weekend).
    M - Back to basics again :) Tracking everything in my workout log book, quick MFP logs and then in my blog, Fito was too time consuming.
    A - Training is easy to make a priority, working out is just a chore. Back in training mode, half marathon in 8 weeks and lifting PRs to smash. I've had my best success with a lifting focus and running when its fun approach, including sleep habits, eating habits and body progress.
    R - I want a half marathon PR and I want a deadlift PR in the next 8 weeks, consistent and focused training are essential.
    T - Half marathon training is here, I would like to stick to this for 8 weeks until my race but going to focus on hitting these goals for August and establishing a routine.

SMART Goal for Self:
    S - Weighing in only once a week again, focusing on progress whether it be little or small and whether it be on the scale, in the gym or out on the pavement... something as little as getting in all my workouts, hitting all my macro goals or staying at a deficit during the week are all accomplishments that deserve some self acknowledgement and a little atta girl. Unabashedly own your success :)
    M - The scale... my log book... my food diary... and my attitude
    A - Because I am better than that damn thing that sets on my bathroom floor... well soon to reside in my closet.
    R - I have a dependency on the scale. I have let it dictate my self-image and my emotions off and on for way too long.
    T - Forever ;)
  • evedroid
    evedroid Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    better late than never. hello.

Name: eve
    Date: august
    Height: 167cm
    Weight: 62kg

S - [Specific]
    M - [Measurable]
    A - [Attainable]
    R - [Relevant]
    T - [Time Oriented]

S - breaking this goddamn plateau of 4 months! not necessarily scale-weight wise, but measurements and/or body fat % wise. and i have no interest in gainage, just to state the obvious.

M - beating my personal records on 8reps of deadlifts (60.5kg) and squats (47.5kg).bring it on.

A - sort this diet madness out and finally figure out what works for me. ive been trying different variations the past 5 months... eating at tdee, deficit, surplus even on bmr and no change in scale weight/body fat/measurements. not sure how realistic what im planning for this month, but i have to try the only thing that previously has worked for me... however, now i lift 3x and doing cardio 1x a week, i try to cut and consume on an average of 1200 again, with a once-a-week `splurge` day of consuming on tdee of 1700. as opposed to last years disordered me, im focusing on my macros and health this time though. agree or disagree, hang of the argument is stated above.

R - no binge. no binge. change this mindset. no ****ing binge.

T - for good